Options

Pano-stitching software for CS2 ?

RaphyRaphy Registered Users Posts: 431 Major grins
edited December 11, 2007 in Finishing School
Hey guys, I tried searching in the forum but didn't have much luck...

I have Photoshop CS2 and i'm looking for compatible software (or plugin?) to stitch together some photos to create panos.

Can someone suggest software that they have used and liked ? or is "photomerge" my only option ?

I heard CS3 has some good options, but that's not gonna happen anytime soon for me.

THANKS !!! :thumb

Comments

• Options
    jcdilljcdill Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2007
    Raphy wrote:
    Can someone suggest software that they have used and liked ?

When I was on a Windows XP system I used and loved AutoStitch

Now that I have a Mac with CS3, I'm using the merge tool in CS3. IMHO it's not nearly as good as AutoStitch. I've started playing with some of the commercial prorams based on AutoStitch (see the link above) but I haven't worked with any of them enough to give a personal endorsement.
    JC Dill - Equine Photographer, San Francisco & San Jose http://portfolio.jcdill.com
    "Chance favors the prepared mind." ~ Ansel Adams
    "Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    OsirisPhotoOsirisPhoto Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2007
    I use the panorama factory... seems to do a decent job if the image exposures aren't too different.

Saying that.. I'll be giving Autostitch a try. looks good.
  • Options
    mwgricemwgrice Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2007
    Raphy wrote:
    Hey guys, I tried searching in the forum but didn't have much luck...

I have Photoshop CS2 and i'm looking for compatible software (or plugin?) to stitch together some photos to create panos.

Can someone suggest software that they have used and liked ? or is "photomerge" my only option ?

I heard CS3 has some good options, but that's not gonna happen anytime soon for me.

THANKS !!! thumb.gif

I bought Autopano Pro (www.autopano.net), which licenses autostitch. I like it pretty well.

I'd recommend downloading the trial version, though. There are a number of similar products which you can also demo, too (I'm pretty sure panorama factory is one of them, too).