Harlequin Ladybug

garytgaryt Registered Users Posts: 335 Major grins
edited December 13, 2007 in Holy Macro
Still finding one of these Harlequins in the house from time to time. The only bug I've seen since last week. This one landed on the pad on my living room coffee table. Tried to take it off-center and leave more room in the direction of travel. There's always something to practice in this hobby, and this time of the year, any bug will do. It was a colorful subject.

Click for larger image.

2104578958_62620c4912.jpg

Crop of the face from the same pic.
2104579418_25901ecb05.jpg
Gary
Canon 30D, 28-80mm kit, 100mm Macro, 80-200mm, Kenko Tubes (68mm), 380EX Flash, and a wish list.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/garythompson/

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2007
    Good shots Gary- Lovely eye detail in the 2nd shot, always nice when the bugs come to you :)- Looks like it could do with a dust :)
    Brian V.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2007
    garyt wrote:
    Still finding one of these Harlequins in the house from time to time. The only bug I've seen since last week. This one landed on the pad on my living room coffee table. Tried to take it off-center and leave more room in the direction of travel. There's always something to practice in this hobby, and this time of the year, any bug will do. It was a colorful subject.

Click for larger image.

Crop of the face from the same pic.

Hi Gary, at least the bugs are coming to you rolleyes1.gif that's a bonus nod.gif
    Your picking up heaps of detail with your set up!

..and your right when your desperate for something to shoot,
    any bug will indeed do thumb.gif

Thanks for sharing ..... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • garytgaryt Registered Users Posts: 335 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2007
    Brian/Skippy--Thanks for the nice comments. Spring can't get here fast enough for me. I miss going out shooting every day.
    Gary
    Canon 30D, 28-80mm kit, 100mm Macro, 80-200mm, Kenko Tubes (68mm), 380EX Flash, and a wish list.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/garythompson/
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2007
    garyt wrote:
    Brian/Skippy--Thanks for the nice comments. Spring can't get here fast enough for me. I miss going out shooting every day.

I think that is a great shot. I am totally struggling to photo things. I can't wait until the creatures start crawling again.
    Cheers
    Bob
  • patricia kaypatricia kay Registered Users Posts: 206 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2007
    Gary.......Really like your shots...ladybirds are nice to photograph....your second ones detail is amazing....

Canon 400d.....Oh there are so many things to shoot when the bugs are in hiding....lots of things around the house and water drips,flowers,frost....I find it all good practice in my quest to improve!!!

Patricia......:D