New England Skies

KEDKED Registered Users Posts: 843 Major grins
edited December 11, 2007 in Landscapes
I apologize if this ends up appearing as a duplicate post, but I think I might have timed out. Are any of these worthwhile? I was in a really beautiful place at sunset, but the RAW captures didn't quite seem to get what I really saw so there's a fair amount of post-processing on these; C&C most welcome:

On this one I only wish I could bring out more detail on the trees in the middle ground on the mountain:

231395615-M.jpg

Same one in B&W with split-tone processing:

231408650-M.jpg

And one more: also b&w split-tone, wish I had used a narrower aperture on this one:

231395775-M.jpg

Comments

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited December 11, 2007
    KED wrote:
    I apologize if this ends up appearing as a duplicate post,
    Yup, it did. But no worries, I deleted the other one thumb.gif

New England in winter... almost don't need the black&white filter sometimes. All 3 of your shots just need more light, to my eye. As you pointed out, that first shot really needs more foreground light in order to have some depth. The winter blues, I know them well, don't give up - there are things to shoot! And if not, move to Australia!
    lol3.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• KEDKED Registered Users Posts: 843 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2007
  • KEDKED Registered Users Posts: 843 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2007
    No kidding --- we live 5 months a year in B&W here!!!! (I'm in NY not technically New England, but winter is the longest season of all here too). The shots were authentic N.E. though.