Categories, Sub-Categories, Galleries, Oh My!

jmzochjmzoch Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited December 12, 2007 in SmugMug Support
This has probably been covered but I am having difficulty finding what I am looking for.

I want to essentially create a gallery inside a gallery. Here is what I have currently:

Zoch > Photos - 2001 > April

What I would like to be able to do is:

Zoch > Photos - 2001 > April > Abbie's B-Day

But I still want photos inside of April but have an additional gallery, kinda like a folder. Is that possible?

Thanks!
Jennifer

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited December 11, 2007
    jmzoch wrote:
    This has probably been covered but I am having difficulty finding what I am looking for.

I want to essentially create a gallery inside a gallery. Here is what I have currently:

But I still want photos inside of April but have an additional gallery, kinda like a folder. Is that possible?

Thanks!
    Jennifer
    Nope, only three levels available. You could add thumbs for each "sub-gallery" in the April gallery description like this but smaller thumbs.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2007
    jmzoch wrote:

Thanks!
    Jennifer

Or, you could create the gallery:

And then in the description for the April gallery, link to the Abbie's B-Day gallery which would you would create somewhere else.

Since Smugmug doesn't let galleries (which contain images) also contain sub-galleries, you'd have to manufacture that yourself by creating the galleries April and Abbie's B-Day and then linking to Abbie's B-Day from the April gallery (like from the description for the April gallery).
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question