Options

Vibration problems

DiasDePlayaDiasDePlaya Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited March 12, 2005 in Cameras
Hi everyone,

I'm a biker and every time that I rode over gravel roads the batteries of my Canon EOS 500 N died, but the next day they rise from the dead.

If on the road I change them for new batteries the camera works without problem, but if I remove and reinstall the same batteries they don't work.

This case look like the vibration affect the batteries more than the camera.

Someone have similar experience?

Comments

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2005
    I cannot for the life of me see how this could happen. The only way a battery can die quickly like that is to have a working load (or dead short) put across the terminals. (or extream cold which i dont think applies to you)

If you are absolutely sure this is the only time it happens then all it could be from my perspective is something being loose in the cameras battery compartment shorting the batterys which would surely cause problems at other times as well.

I have ridden bikes for 30 years & find the vibration on a lot of tar to be well able to do damage as does dirt, so i think its something else causing your grief.

So...to summarize ne_nau.gif no idea...sorry.
  • Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2005
    I have had a motor drive to a Nikon FM cease functioning in a Cessna 150 airplane, only to have it work once on the ground again. The plane vibrates at much higher speeds than a bike does, but maybe there is something in regards to high frequency vibrations.