Dasha (5 img)

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited December 14, 2007 in People
Hope you'll like them...
Dasha is a very beautiful girl. She likes b&w photographs.

5787.jpg
5784.jpg
5785.jpg
5789.jpg
5786.jpg

Spasibo,
Yuri

Comments

• Gary Peterson PhotographyGary Peterson Photography Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2007
    I love the 2nd one down!
    The second one down is absolutley gorgeous. Well done.
    Hope you'll like them...
    Gary Peterson
    Gary Peterson
    Award Winning Photographer
    garypetersonphoto@earthlink.net

Winner Brides Choice Award 2017
    Winner Best of Spokane 2016
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2016
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2015
    Winner Best of Spokane 2015
    Winner Wedding Wire Couples Choice Award 2014
    Winner Best Photographer 2013 Spokane A-List
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2013
    Winner Best of Spokane Northwest Inlander 2012
    Winner Best Photographer Best of KREM 2011
    Winner Best Photographer Best of KREM 2010
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2011
    Winner Brides Choice Award 2010

(509) 230-9785

www.actionsportsimages.smugmug.com

• Lee MasseyLee Massey Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2007
    Hi Yuri,

Dasha is certainly very striking. Beautiful girl with great facial features. I love number one. Lighting, posing and eye contact are great. The post processing is very complementary. Very nicely done!

Again... Thanks for sharing.... :D

Lee
  • T. BombadilT. Bombadil Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2007
    beautiful
    Hope you'll like them...
    Yuri

Dasha is strikingly beautiful.
    Your work is amazing. I have been lurking for a while now, trying to learn from the many great photographers on dgrin. You give us beginners hope.
    Thanks for sharing your work.
    Bruce

Chooka chooka hoo la ley
    Looka looka koo la ley
  • RaphyRaphy Registered Users Posts: 431 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2007
    I like #4 and 5.... well done !!
  • imonkimonk Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited December 12, 2007
    wow
    IMHO the first and the last are the ones I'd choose as faves. I'm not really keen on the poses in the others, but I absolutely love your lighting in the first one. It's so complimentary and subtle and it works so well with the composition, it's just perfect.

Cheers
    Ian
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2007
    I love #1 and #4, but #1 has me hypnotized. I keep going back to stare at it, and I find myself entranced. bowdown.gif

There's something timeless and classic about her expression in #1. I really can't pinpoint why, but it brought "Sophie's Choice" to mind for me. My second thought was of a ballerina. There's a grace, sadness, and hope in the lines of her face and within her eyes. It's so haunting and yet alluring at the same time.

I've never felt such magic from a portrait before. Abolsutely wonderful, Yuri. Thank you so much for continuing to share your outstanding work. iloveyou.gif
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2007
    #1 is absolutely gorgeous! It almost gives you the same kind of feeling like the painting of the "girl with the pear earring" ... beautiful job!
  • Mrs FMrs F Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2007
    #1 is my favorite. The lines, the lighting, the subject, her expression...beautiful.
    C and C always welcome.
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2007
    I love #1 and #4clap.gif !
    The hair strands are a bit distracting on the right side of her head though on #1 and her bottom lipped appears to be chapped in all. I guess it bothers me because as gorgeous as the pictures are, as great as her features are, my eye keeps going to those two things.
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2007
    Superb work sir clap.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2007
    Superb work sir clap.gif
    Nice to hear from you, dear friend!
    Yuri
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2007
    Yuri,

Your work is always so refined and unique but the first photo of Dasha is unbelievably captivating. I am sitting here staring at it and i keep coming back to it. I agree with Kerry, there is something timeless about her and the way you posed her and treated the post-processing. I keep thinking of the great classic Russian authors, Anna Karenina and that beautiful era. She embodies so much in a completely minimal way. clap.gif
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2007
    schmoo wrote:
    Yuri,

Your work is always so refined and unique but the first photo of Dasha is unbelievably captivating. I am sitting here staring at it and i keep coming back to it. I agree with Kerry, there is something timeless about her and the way you posed her and treated the post-processing. I keep thinking of the great classic Russian authors, Anna Karenina and that beautiful era. She embodies so much in a completely minimal way. clap.gif
    Spasibo, schmoo, for your touching words...
    Yuri