greetings
Greetings from Germany
Jan
Homepage

Comments

• aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2007
    Wow!

70-200 4.0 L, cheerleaders and fireworks! AT A HOCKEY RINK at a pro or semi pro level? This isn't something that you find in the states...

Nice job! What are you using for you white balance?

My fav of the bunch.
    hanseat wrote:
    204665980-S.jpg

and
    204666088-S.jpg
  • hanseathanseat Registered Users Posts: 125 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2007
    aktse wrote:
    Wow!

70-200 4.0 L, cheerleaders and fireworks! AT A HOCKEY RINK at a pro or semi pro level? This isn't something that you find in the states...

Nice job! What are you using for you white balance?

My fav of the bunch.

Thank you!

At a semi pro. Good relations to the referee :D:D:D

AWB I used. But its difficult. It needs PS CS3 to get the right white balance. The Ice is not enough white on my pictures. I have to exercise this.

greetings

(sorry for my english)
    Greetings from Germany
    Jan
    Homepage
  • DblDbl Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2007
    Nice photos, yes your white balance is off, but that is easy to correct. Take a shot of the white ice itself at a shutter speed around 1/30s to 1/60s. This should give you a nice shot that you can use for your custom white balance shot. The ice can be almost blown out to keep your faces properly exposed. If you are not try shooting in manual mode, this will give you better results. The meter on camera will not be fooled by jerseys and backgrounds. Looks like it was a fun game to photograph.
    Dan

Canon Gear
  • hanseathanseat Registered Users Posts: 125 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2007
    Dbl wrote:
    Nice photos, yes your white balance is off, but that is easy to correct. Take a shot of the white ice itself at a shutter speed around 1/30s to 1/60s. This should give you a nice shot that you can use for your custom white balance shot. The ice can be almost blown out to keep your faces properly exposed. If you are not try shooting in manual mode, this will give you better results. The meter on camera will not be fooled by jerseys and backgrounds. Looks like it was a fun game to photograph.
    Thanks for the advice Dan!
    Greetings from Germany
    Jan
    Homepage
  • KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2007
    That's a very nice series of shots; great results under very difficult lighting conditions.

I'm amazed at the advertising on the uniforms. I'm familiar with the advertisements on football (soccer) uniforms in Europe, but these guys have taken it to an entirely new level. At what point do the uniforms become meaningless in terms of identifying the home vs. visiting teams?

Kent
    "Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
    Web site
  • digitalpinsdigitalpins Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2007
    WOW!!!! those are all amazing photos clap.gif
    www.lamontphotography.com
    Canon 60D
    Canon Rebel XTi (400)
    Canon 10-22mm, Canon 50mm f/1.8 II
    MacBook, MacPro
  • wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2007
    Dbl wrote:

Personally I like to white balance of the white jerseys but that may be hard with all the sponsorship ( I love that the officals even have sponsorship!!!). Lately I have also just been setting the balance in my camera during warm ups.

And aktse they have cheerleaders in the states just you will find them at the college and minor league levels. Personally I could do with out them, then again I am just a chick that likes to play hockey, so it is proably understandable that I wouldnt miss them if they are gone :)
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited December 16, 2007
    I noticed the adverts on the ref's back and the yellow lids they wear. We are
    in black and definitely no advertisement on our uniforms :D
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?