Will this work?

If yes, which one do you prefer.?

17321929-L.jpg

17321930-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2005
    I like them both.. it does seem to me tho that they are tilting a little - I think it's the effect of the shadow to the right, makes it look not quite flat but I'm sure they are in reality.
  • Options
    digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    I like them both.. it does seem to me tho that they are tilting a little - I think it's the effect of the shadow to the right, makes it look not quite flat but I'm sure they are in reality.
    I like the 1st a lot! it's very nice as is, but I wonder what it would look like if the line of shadow on the ball was straighter up and down, and what if the ball were in the center?

I like the blowout on the white because you can't see the edge of the ball where it touches the "ground" on either side, it's neat that way! thumb.gif
  • Options
    joechiujoechiu Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited March 12, 2005
    This is a nice one, though I'm undecided about color or b/w... It feels more like an airbrushed art than a photo!

There is a little bump/frizz that I think would be better removed to make the shadow more clean -- it is at the horizontal center, on the bottom edge of the shadows.

Oh, wait, I think I see where it's coming from -- there seems to be a little burr on the semisphere, just at the point closest to the foreground (you can make out a little fuzz there). Those fuzzies take away from the overall cleanness of the work.
  • Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited March 12, 2005
    I'm starting to like this one a lot. I call it "Birth of the Sun"

17366531-L.jpg

More playing with color.

17366534-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2005
    bump

extra comments please. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2005
    oooh, I like the birth of the sun one!! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2005
    oooh, I like the birth of the sun one!! thumb.gif
    Thanks. That's currently my favorite also, but I wanted to get some opinions. You are the one that started me down that path, with the shadow to the back and the blown out exposure, thank you.:sweet
  • Options
    edited March 13, 2005
    Khaos wrote:
    Thanks. That's currently my favorite also, but I wanted to get some opinions. You are the one that started me down that path, with the shadow to the back and the blown out exposure, thank you.:sweet
    awww, careful though, CB might get jealous :lol4