need opinions on an edit

laurenmaclaurenmac Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited December 13, 2007 in People
This will be my nephew's Xmas card photo so vip to me! I'm not very experienced with photoshop - did quite a bit for me to this image and want to be sure it is at its best before ordering the prints. I know- his lower leg is cut off - was taken as a vertical but needs to be horizontal -oh well.
Thanks
link:
http://laurenmac.smugmug.com/gallery/3986894/1/231778416#231778416

Comments

• i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2007
    wow what a toss-up. After staring for a while I can barely tell the difference between the 2 'final' versions.

I honestly think I prefer the original 'final' better. With all the red on the clothing I think the facial area stands out more (has more contrast) in the 'final.'

There's my 2 cent, but honestly I think you'd be safe with either one - they're both amazing. GREAT WORK!clap.gif
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler
  • laurenmaclaurenmac Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited December 13, 2007
    Thanks
    I wasn't looking for "amazing" but I'll take it! The two finals are just because someone else told me they liked the warm tone of the original so I tried to warm the final slightly. It is very slight. I appreciate your taking the time to look and comment. _first baby's first Christmas is a big deal!

wow what a toss-up. After staring for a while I can barely tell the difference between the 2 'final' versions.

I honestly think I prefer the original 'final' better. With all the red on the clothing I think the facial area stands out more (has more contrast) in the 'final.'

There's my 2 cent, but honestly I think you'd be safe with either one - they're both amazing. GREAT WORK!clap.gif
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2007
    I like a combination of the first image (for the skin tones) and the second image (FinalWarmer) for the star-burst effect of the tree lights and higher contrast in everything else.

Any way you go, you have a winner of a shot here. Nice!
  • laurenmaclaurenmac Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited December 13, 2007
    Thanks Scott
    I wasn't sure if starbursts were too much.
    I like a combination of the first image (for the skin tones) and the second image (FinalWarmer) for the star-burst effect of the tree lights and higher contrast in everything else.

Any way you go, you have a winner of a shot here. Nice!
  • GiselleGiselle Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2007
    I agree with Scott and the starburst are pretty tame, its not out of control like Walmart portraits. I'm sure they will like it.
    Giselle
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2007
    15524779-Ti.gif Lovely photo!
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2007
    looks great!!!!
    I assume you selected and child and per her on a seperate layer? i'd experiment a with darkening that layer so the child pops off the page a bit.