Options

Left-Field adobe lightroom question

TylerWTylerW Registered Users Posts: 428 Major grins
edited December 13, 2007 in Finishing School
I just picked up a new smartphone, and although I know it has a camera, and I know that it can store all kinds of handy image data, it really annoys me that every time I plug the thing in to sync email and what not, if feels compelled to launch Adobe Lightroom - and I find that really annoying. Does anyone know how to disable that?

apologies, I know this is fairly off the topic of photo finishing, but its at least related to the topic, sort of.
http://www.tylerwinegarner.com

Canon 40d | Canon 17-40 f/4L | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Canon 70-200mm f/4 L

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2007
    TylerW wrote:
    I just picked up a new smartphone, and although I know it has a camera, and I know that it can store all kinds of handy image data, it really annoys me that every time I plug the thing in to sync email and what not, if feels compelled to launch Adobe Lightroom - and I find that really annoying. Does anyone know how to disable that?

apologies, I know this is fairly off the topic of photo finishing, but its at least related to the topic, sort of.

Presumably what's happening here is that the phone is acting as a mass storage device (probably for the purpose of getting it's photos off the phone) and the OS sees a new mass storage device that is now present on your USB bus. It looks in it's registry to find out which apps are interested in that system event and tells them about it.

If you never want Lightroom to launch when any portable storage device is plugged in to your PC including a card reader, then you can change Lightroom or Windows (I'm assuming you are on Windows) so that it never responds to that event.

If you do want Lightroom to respond to your card reader, but not your phone, then you need to either configure your phone so that it does not report itself as a mass storage device or you need to delve into the bowels of either your OS or Lightroom to figure out how to tell it to not respond to that particular mass storage device.

Which OS are you on and which phone is it?
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question