Options

Frohe Weihnachten

jayegirljayegirl Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
edited December 13, 2007 in Journeys
My last trip to Germany was great however as far as pictures go, I took next to none. It rained every day I was there and it was very hard for me to go camera-less. Since I have no rain gear I decided it was best to leave the gear behind.

I had never seen a Christmas Market. It was like a county fair with Christmas Decorations! It was strange to see so many people out in the rain! I must admit, if I were at home and someone said lets go I would say are you crazy, its raining!

I couldn't stand it so I wrapped up my camera in a rolling backpack to have handy should the rain stop. It stopped long enough for the following pictures. Forget quality, just get the picture and put the camera up before the rain started back!

I forgot to mention, it was also windy. These photos were taken in Mainz.

You will just have to imagine all the photos I did not take at the Rudeshiem and Wiesbaden Christmas Markets! (unless there is someone out here on dgrin that has that story to post!)

231385105-M.jpg

I think these are called poor man's Christmas Tree.
231383407-M.jpg

Nativity Scene
231385194-M.jpg
231385400-M.jpg

The first thing I though of was Ricola
231385664-M.jpg
Jaye

Comments

• Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2007
    Frohe weinachten zu Ihrer familie, Jaye! If that's even right... :D

My goal this year was to be in Germany for Christmas but that didn't happen so I'm really tickled to see these photos. It looks like everything I imagined: tradition, warmth, lights, the old world. It looks so inviting!

My oma has a smaller version of that "poor man's Christmas tree." It looked very cool, spinning on the heat from the candles. I bet those things are really amazing to watch on a bigger scale.

The German community here in Baltimore has an annual Christkindlmarkt but I think we missed it already. That's about as close to a Christmas market I think I can get around these parts. Ah, well. Next year.

Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    aktpicsaktpics Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2007
    Sehr gut!