Old Barn (1st shot with 1D Mark III)

PineapplePhotoPineapplePhoto Registered Users Posts: 474 Major grins
edited December 17, 2007 in Landscapes
So it was a rainy day in Alabama, as our peak season nears its end, most of the photographers at the studio meet and talk about next year plans, gears, etc.

Today my friend "Click" let me borrow his shiny new Canon 1D Mark III and 70-200 f2.8 L :D

So I waited for the rain to subseed a little, wen't outside and "snap"... here is the barn sitting in the field next to our studio.

Minimal Post processing, no photoshop.

"The Old Barn"

web.jpg

C&C Welcome...

ps: Yes, I am very envious of him! :cry
Body: Canon 1D Mark II N | Canon 30D w/BG-E2 Flash: Canon 580EX II | Quantum T4d | Strobes & Monolights
Glass: Sigma 70-200 f2.8 | Sigma 20 f1.8 | Canon 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM

Comments

• Beau ArnoldBeau Arnold Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited December 17, 2007
    Cool Barn.

How are you liking the new 3?

Also since you own the Sigma 70-200 can you compare it to the white lens you borrowed?
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2007
    Mark III, eh? How did you make yourself give it back? lol3.gif

I know you didn't do any PP on this but i think it could be great with some more pop and maybe toning down the highlights a bit. The post-rain dark sky with the sunlight has a lot of potential because it's a beautiful time of day and quality of light. I also think the 50/50 composition is a little unsettling... not sure if I want to see more of the fence and background or bring the barn into better focus. Just my two cents :D