Options

Geese and a Landscape

2»

Comments

• Options
    david_hdavid_h Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2005
    shay wrote:
    It's a robin all right, afaik we don't get eastern bluebirds in Ireland.
    It is indeed a robin and a great picture of one. Here in the US we get a red breasted bird they call "robins" but they are not the proper one.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2005
    shay wrote:
    Mystery solved :): Pf. There is a difference.
    They sing with a different accent, too.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    edited March 13, 2005
    shay wrote:
    Mystery solved :): Pf. There is a difference.

Who knew?? I just knew your lovely image with the great use of negative space and lovely bokeh didn't look like, what we in the Colonies, call Robins.

So I learned something interesting - that sometimes we are both right, but looking at different ends of the elephant. (Thinking about the two blind men describing an elelphant to each other both of whom are convinced the other has to be wrong. WRONG!! They're both RIGHT! ) :Drolleyes1.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    CosmicCosmic Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2005
    I love the Robin shot as well! Very good job! The first is great too. Crisp and nice clarity. thumb.gif

The last shot is gorgeous. I'm not sure about that telephone pole on the right though. Maybe you could crop it out?

Fab pics! Thanks for sharing!

~Heidi~
    Lead me not into Temptation. I can find the way myself....

• Options
    SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2005
    pathfinder wrote:
    Who knew?? I just knew your lovely image with the great use of negative space and lovely bokeh didn't look like, what we in the Colonies, call Robins.

So I learned something interesting - that sometimes we are both right, but looking at different ends of the elephant. (Thinking about the two blind men describing an elelphant to each other both of whom are convinced the other has to be wrong. WRONG!! They're both RIGHT! ) :Drolleyes1.gif
    Hey Pf,

I'm rolleyes1.gif about describing an elephant, thumb.gif . I got lucky with the robin shot, took a burst and cropped it. The law of averages were on my side, if I took enough pics one of them had to turn out rightmwink.gif . I did enjoy the day and it's a bonus that I got some nice pics.

Shay.
  • Options
    SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2005
    Cosmic wrote:
    I love the Robin shot as well! Very good job! The first is great too. Crisp and nice clarity. thumb.gif

The last shot is gorgeous. I'm not sure about that telephone pole on the right though. Maybe you could crop it out?

Fab pics! Thanks for sharing!

~Heidi~
    Thanks for the tip Heidi, I took your advice:

17409126-L.jpg