Options

Follow up to my previous post. Single Light shooting

blackwaterstudioblackwaterstudio Registered Users Posts: 779 Major grins
edited December 14, 2007 in Technique
Guys and Gals.
Can I get some feedback on this shot please. Nothing fancy, my new AB800 and softbox came in today and I was messing around. The light was behind me about 5 foot, up 8 ft in the air and tilted down at a 45 degree angle. Single box, fired using the AB wireless transmitter (will review them later)

I'll link it since its around 900K in size.
http://webpages.charter.net/jsmith2094/IMG_4789fs.jpg

Comments

• Options
    leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2007
    Ewww! Now thats a big ol' bedbug. I'm no lighting techno so no help here.
    Growing with Dgrin

• Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2007
    What are you trying to achive? Barring the obvious. There is no wrong way to light something. Do you want high impact? Low key?

It's decently lit, especially knowing you just got your toy and haven't had time to really play w/ it. Personally, I'd start out by lighting it from the rear and using a beauty dish from the lower front. This would get rid of the relfections on the "feet". Make sure you use a gobo if you do this since you'll get nasty lens flare.

Then I'd adjust to taste.
  • Options
    blackwaterstudioblackwaterstudio Registered Users Posts: 779 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2007
    SloYerRoll wrote:
    What are you trying to achive? Barring the obvious. There is no wrong way to light something. Do you want high impact? Low key?

It's decently lit, especially knowing you just got your toy and haven't had time to really play w/ it. Personally, I'd start out by lighting it from the rear and using a beauty dish from the lower front. This would get rid of the relfections on the "feet". Make sure you use a gobo if you do this since you'll get nasty lens flare.

Then I'd adjust to taste.

I will play with more from different locations.