A Pat and a Pan

straehlestraehle Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
edited December 16, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I want to comment on two new (to me) features in SmugMug.
I really appreciate the Copy Link buttons on the Share Photo/gallery page. This saves a lot of trouble try to paint the link exactly.
On the other hand the Add Photos, Gallery dropdown is a Problem. Most of my galleries are two or three deep and I have a problem holding the dropdown open when going from Category to SubCategory to Gallery. The normal Windows convention in this case is to click at each level to hold the selection sticky while you go to the next level flyout. Clicking on an early level appears to select it and close the dropdown preventing navigation to the next level.. I would appreciate any help on this matter.
Gallery: http://straehle.smugmug.com
Canon 20D
Canon EF 17-40 f:/4 L
Canon EF 24 - 105 f:/4 LIS
Canon EF 70-200 F:/2.8 L IS
Canon EF 24-70 F:2.8L
Sigma 80 - 400 f:/4/5.6 OS
Sigma 105 f:/2.8 macro

Comments

• rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2007
    Hi,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I do see that it can be difficult with long names to move your cursor to the next level without accidentally hovering over a different item. I've made sure that our engineers see your feedback and we'll be thinking about it.

As a bit of help try the following: instead of trying to hover directly above the name of the category/subcat/gallery, try to move your mouse to the '>' symbol at the right-most part of the menu. Then the way to the next level isn't that long. Also, you should be able move your cursor out of the menu to the top, without having it close again. Then you can target the next level once more.

I hope this helps a bit.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero