which one is not working properly?

johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
edited December 15, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I use my site to sell photos, and thus protect my sales galleries limiting them to only medium size views and no dowloads.

However when I look at stats for some of my galleries I'm seeing hits for 'original' size.

So, either the stat counter is malfunctioning or the lock-out of original size viewing is not working.

Thoughts on which one is not functioning properly?

For the smugmug folks, heres a gallery which stats is showing as having 3 'original' hits:
http://john-g.smugmug.com/gallery/3991530#232097241

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2007
    johng wrote:
    I use my site to sell photos, and thus protect my sales galleries limiting them to only medium size views and no dowloads.

However when I look at stats for some of my galleries I'm seeing hits for 'original' size.

So, either the stat counter is malfunctioning or the lock-out of original size viewing is not working.

Thoughts on which one is not functioning properly?

For the smugmug folks, heres a gallery which stats is showing as having 3 'original' hits:
    http://john-g.smugmug.com/gallery/3991530#232097241

I can't get to the original size (or anything larger the M) in any of the ways I normally would be able to get in so I think the lock out is working.

You may want to check your right click message because it seems messed up. It says "All Photos are ? John Germ..." I don't know why it has the ? mark instead of the word "copyright". Did you try to put a copyright symbol in the Javascript?

One other possibility. It is possible to get to the originals via the API when you provide proper login credentials in the API. Have you used any apps that use the API and have you login like SmugBrowser or others?
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2007
    Thanks for the heads-up on the copyright symbol. I found another thread where this happened to someone else (symbol replaced by square). So I went ahead and fixed that.

As to your question, no I haven't used anything that I'm aware of that would have had access to original size photos.