Categories not display associated galleries

dereksurfsdereksurfs Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
edited December 15, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hello,

I just signed up recently for SmugMug and I am now trying to create Categories to orgainze my galleries.

So far I cannot view any galleries that I place in these categories. Here is my site: http://landandseaphoto.smugmug.com/

I have selected the desired category under Customize Gallery. And a thumbnail from that gallery shows up under the category (eg - Fall). But when I click on the category thumbnail the contents are empty.

I would appreciate help figuring out how to properly categorize my galleries.

Thanks you,

- Derek

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2007
    dereksurfs wrote:
    Hello,

I just signed up recently for SmugMug and I am now trying to create Categories to orgainze my galleries.

So far I cannot view any galleries that I place in these categories. Here is my site: http://landandseaphoto.smugmug.com/

I have selected the desired category under Customize Gallery. And a thumbnail from that gallery shows up under the category (eg - Fall). But when I click on the category thumbnail the contents are empty.

Thanks you,

- Derek
    You might have the galleries set to private. Private galleries do not show
    on any browse type page like your galleries page or category pages.

They should show logged in though. Only a direct link to a gallery
    work work logged out.

This direct link to a gallery works which is in your Favorites category.
    http://landandseaphoto.smugmug.com/gallery/3981401
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • dereksurfsdereksurfs Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2007
    Category Bug?
    Allen wrote:
    You might have the galleries set to private. Private galleries do not show
    on any browse type page like your galleries page or category pages.

They should show logged in though. Only a direct link to a gallery
    work work logged out.

This direct link to a gallery works which is in your Favorites category.
    http://landandseaphoto.smugmug.com/gallery/3981401

Al,

Both galleries that I want to display are set to Public access. Also I cannot view either even when logged in.

And when I change display from 'category' to 'galleries' the galleries display fine whether I'm logged in or not.

So maybe their is some kind of category bug right now. Or maybe there is something set wrong in my CSS. But the only thing I turn off in CSS is the display name:
    #categoriesBox .boxTop {
    display: none;
    }

Is there some other setting I need to check to make categories work properly?

Thanks,

- Derek
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2007
    dereksurfs wrote:
    Hello,

Thanks you,

- Derek

Your customization is causing the problem. If I remove all your customization code, the galleries show fine. I didn't track down all the details, but if you remove the code that is hiding the galleriesBox, you will start to see things. You may also need to stop hiding the categoriesBox. If you did this in order to change your home page, then you may need to limit those changes to just apply to the home page. In any rate, you can restore your galleries by fixing your customization.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • dereksurfsdereksurfs Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2007
    jfriend wrote:
    Your customization is causing the problem. If I remove all your customization code, the galleries show fine. I didn't track down all the details, but if you remove the code that is hiding the galleriesBox, you will start to see things. You may also need to stop hiding the categoriesBox. If you did this in order to change your home page, then you may need to limit those changes to just apply to the home page. In any rate, you can restore your galleries by fixing your customization.
    John,

You are absolutely right about the GalleriesBox! I had tunred off too much there. In an effort to get rid of extra text I guess I hid the whole thing.

Here was the problem code in comments and the new code that works:
    /*
    #galleriesBox {
    }
    */

#galleriesBox .boxTop { 
    }

It works great now.
    Thank you very much!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

- Derek