Helen Da Cook

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited December 15, 2007 in People
Many of you have seen the pictures of my youngest and some of you managed to meet her in person during the SM partay.

This time she actually needed the pictures for the yearbook. Her school was doing a special on her ... as a cook - yes, apart from many other things, she also cooks:-).

The requirement was "several scenes, make it look like random shots". With that in mind I ditched the idea of using the big lights and mid-tele optics and opted for the 580EXII (well, with the off-camera cord) and my current workhorse EF-S 17-55/2.8 IS USM at its wide end.

It took about 30 minutes, two actual dishes (which I gladly consumed later as my photographer's compensation) and 150 frames before she get satisfied.

My combo (40D + 17-55 + 580EXII) behaved beautifully, not a single OOF or somehow else badly exposed shot. One (!) frame caught her with her eyes closed - oh well, I can definitely live with that :-)

Quick run through Bridge got me about 25 winners (the rest were totally fine, but kinda redundant), which were then taken care by of by my trusty S*E.

Below is a small excerpt. All taken in our kitchen and dining room. California rolls were purchased at the local Von's.

#1: You can't make an omelet without breaking the egg:

232651225-L.jpg

#2 : Looks yummy (tastes even better):

232651618-L.jpg

#3: Special homemade dressing makes Panda Express taste like Akio's:

232651844-L.jpg

#4: Final touches:

232652190-L.jpg

#5: Ready!:

232652261-L.jpg

#6: Cleaning the glass...:

232652317-L.jpg

The rest is here: http://nik.smugmug.com/gallery/3999891

Thanks for watching!
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2007
    Bravo Nik!
    Excellent combination. I love the light and that lens must really be something special...your photos convince me yet again. Very nice comps, focus, and mood captured here. Bet your compensation was delicious! :ivar
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2007
    Swartzy wrote:
    Excellent combination. I love the light and that lens must really be something special...your photos convince me yet again. Very nice comps, focus, and mood captured here. Bet your compensation was delicious! :ivar
    Thanks, David! thumb.gif
    I got a new wind about 580EX after seeing LiquidAir (and many others) using it at the SM paraty. Of course he was using it with the SE-E2 remote, I'm not that fancy yet, the cord works for me just fine (for the fraction of the price, lol).
    "May the f/stop be with you!"