Amusement Ride - Night Shot

SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
edited December 20, 2007 in Landscapes
I can look at these kind of rides for hours on end,
but you will not ever get me on one ...... no sirrrrreeeeee!

I love Space Mountain at Disneyland, that's the hight of my thrill ride :rolleyes

Enjoy.... Skippy :D

Hand held shot, taken with Canon 20D and Canon 50mm F1.2 Lens.

232498506-L.jpg
Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin

Comments

• Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2007
    I used to ride the local carnival rides all the time until...........I went to get on one and the operator said "Hold on." He reached in a bag and pulled out a socket wrench and proceeded to tighten a bolt on the ride. I said "thanks but no thanks" and haven't riden one since then.

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2007
    Skippy,

I love taking photos at carnivals and fairs, especially as I no longer hav ethe courage to get on them. This was handheld? :oogle

What was this ride? It looks like one similar to this one that I saw last summer. Again, there was no way I was going to get on it. :D
  • canghuixucanghuixu Registered Users Posts: 238 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2007
    I would also like to know, was that handheld? Was the ride in motion, or stopped? I usually shoot at night with a 17-55 IS EF-S on my 20D, but if you can shoot at a moving object handheld like that with the 50 1.2, maybe it is time to try to convince my spouse it is time for a new lens...

Now whenever I see amusement park shots, I think of the scene in the Riesenrad ferris wheel at the Vienna Prater in "The Third Man." That and the chase at the ending of "Strangers on a Train."

schmoo wrote:
    Skippy,

I love taking photos at carnivals and fairs, especially as I no longer hav ethe courage to get on them. This was handheld? :oogle

What was this ride? It looks like one similar to this one that I saw last summer. Again, there was no way I was going to get on it. :D
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2007
    Eric&Susan wrote:
    I used to ride the local carnival rides all the time until...........I went to get on one and the operator said "Hold on." He reached in a bag and pulled out a socket wrench and proceeded to tighten a bolt on the ride. I said "thanks but no thanks" and haven't riden one since then.

Eric

Ahahaha I don't like anything that spins or flips.
    Those Carnival rides would worry me too, especially if I saw them doing what you saw eek7.gif ..... Skippy :D

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited December 18, 2007
    schmoo wrote:
    Skippy,

Yep it's hand held Schmoo, that 50mm F1.2 is a real sweet piece of glass.
    annnnnnnnd it looks exactly like the ride you have the link too nod.gif
    Had the same name too, that one I shot was in Ohio.

Thanks for looking Stef thumb.gif .... Skippy :D

edited December 18, 2007
    canghuixu wrote:
    I would also like to know, was that handheld? Was the ride in motion, or stopped? I usually shoot at night with a 17-55 IS EF-S on my 20D, but if you can shoot at a moving object handheld like that with the 50 1.2, maybe it is time to try to convince my spouse it is time for a new lens...

Now whenever I see amusement park shots, I think of the scene in the Riesenrad ferris wheel at the Vienna Prater in "The Third Man." That and the chase at the ending of "Strangers on a Train."

Hi there, it was indeed a hand held shot, however the ride was not moving at the time.

The Canon 50mm F1.2 is a very fast lens, and I have been amazed at the lighting conditions that you can shoot in and hand hold with this lens.

Thanks for looking thumb.gif .... Skippy :D

• ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2007
    Very nice. I used to ride those kinds of things all the time... now I'll just have to hope my kids like them so I can occasionally ride 'em again!

What was your ISO? I don't see much noise at all... very clean!
    Chris
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2007
    Ahhh...the Zipper! I rode that a number of times in my youth! mwink.gif Not sure I'd be so quick to get on it now, though. Nice shot! thumb.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
    edited December 19, 2007
    ChrisJ wrote:
    Very nice. I used to ride those kinds of things all the time... now I'll just have to hope my kids like them so I can occasionally ride 'em again!

What was your ISO? I don't see much noise at all... very clean!

Thanks Chris, the settings were F3.2 * ISO 800 * 1/200
    Don't forget its been PS'd as well thumb.gif .... Skippy :D

edited December 19, 2007
    Elaine wrote:
    Ahhh...the Zipper! I rode that a number of times in my youth! mwink.gif Not sure I'd be so quick to get on it now, though. Nice shot! thumb.gif

It's not my kind of ride no-sir-eeeeee nope!
    I will stand away from it and watch it, but you wont ever catch me on it.

.... Skippy :D

• Bill_MBill_M Registered Users Posts: 119 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2007
    The Zipper's a fun ride to shoot...here's one with a slightly longer shutter

156727986-M-6.jpg
    edited December 20, 2007
    Bill_M wrote:
    The Zipper's a fun ride to shoot...here's one with a slightly longer shutter

Thats a goodie Bill clap.gif ya still won't convince me its fun to ride rolleyes1.gif
    ... Skippy :D