First shoot with studio lights. Let me know what you think.

blackwaterstudioblackwaterstudio Registered Users Posts: 779 Major grins
edited December 16, 2007 in People
As the title states, this is my first time shooting someone with lights. Please let me know what you think. This one was of the fav's for the night.

IMG_4848ps.jpg

Comments

• jsedlakjsedlak Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2007
    I am not usually one who likes high key shots, but I think it works with this one especially with the very large amount of contrast.
  • blackwaterstudioblackwaterstudio Registered Users Posts: 779 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2007
    jsedlak wrote:
    I am not usually one who likes high key shots, but I think it works with this one especially with the very large amount of contrast.

Thanks for the comments.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2007
    This easily scores 9+ out of 10. She is a gorgeous lady and, IMNSHO, the lighting is very well done.

Some minor fixes:
    • Upper right corner - clone out that gray triangle
    • The bottom most wrinkle of skin under her left breast should probably be removed.
    • I'm not liking her hand positions at all. If her left hand/forearm were lower, nearly to the seating surface, the right hand/arm could follow it down and you would be able to present the edge of her hands rather than the backs. This would slim the hands, elongate her right arm, eliminate the need to cut off her elbow; all while effectively masking the slight softness of her tummy area.
    • The angle of her head I find distracting. A little more upright, maybe?
  • blackwaterstudioblackwaterstudio Registered Users Posts: 779 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2007
    This easily scores 9+ out of 10. She is a gorgeous lady and, IMNSHO, the lighting is very well done.

Some minor fixes:
    • Upper right corner - clone out that gray triangle
    • The bottom most wrinkle of skin under her left breast should probably be removed.
    • I'm not liking her hand positions at all. If her left hand/forearm were lower, nearly to the seating surface, the right hand/arm could follow it down and you would be able to present the edge of her hands rather than the backs. This would slim the hands, elongate her right arm, eliminate the need to cut off her elbow; all while effectively masking the slight softness of her tummy area.
    • The angle of her head I find distracting. A little more upright, maybe?

Thanks for the reply Scott. This is all new to me so posing isn't a strong suite just yet. I'm going to try to pickup some books and learn. We have another shoot planned for this week so I'd better get to reading :)
  • 1pocket1pocket Registered Users Posts: 299 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2007
    jsedlak wrote:
    Okay, I'm a bit of a newbie, but I don't see the shot so much as fitting what I think of as 'high key' -- other than the fact that the exposure is bright.

What I mean is, the background is dark, the clothes and even the upholstery are kinda dark -- all characteristics more associated with 'low key' I thought. I'd be curious to see the shot with the brightness backed off, and call it low key!
    My humble gallery...
    www.steveboothphotography.com

Pool/Billiards specific...
    www.poolinaction.com