Moving subcategory to my main gallery?

schnitzerz4schnitzerz4 Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
edited December 16, 2007 in SmugMug Support

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2007
    It is on the galleries page but under the Photography category. One of the
    ways to show galleries on the galleries page, that you have displayed as
    categories, is feature the gallery and show the featured box.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,339 moderator
    edited December 16, 2007
    You're trying to mix unlike things.

You galleries page shows the featured galleries at the top of the page and your categories below (although you have removed the header for categories). The gallery that you referenced in your first post is a gallery.

Since you are displaying by category rather than by gallery, you could show your B&W gallery on your galleries page by featuring it. You are currently featuring your guestbook gallery, and that one is directly accessible from your navbar. I would remove that one as featured and feature the B&W gallery instead. I also believe it would be less confusing if you restored the "gallery categories" heading on the galleries page.

The other option is one I don't recommend, which would be displaying by gallery. I believe that display option is only realistic if you have very few galleries. You don't - so I believe that switching to display by gallery would be overwhelming to your viewers.

--- Denise
  • schnitzerz4schnitzerz4 Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited December 16, 2007
    thanks guys ive already manage to transfer my files manually :D

one question though is it okay to transfer my guestbook without loosing the comments on it? coz some of my galleries have lost comments when i transfer them headscratch.gif