Options

Rate Bayer's Photoshoping.. 2 sets

Bayer-Z28Bayer-Z28 Registered Users Posts: 392 Major grins
edited December 17, 2007 in Finishing School
I 'fixed' both of these.. Original first.. I didn't go midevil w/ the sharpening this time.. :rofl Very minimal..

2003968539739804904_rs.jpg

2001149855326370554_rs.jpg

2003980710650623000_rs.jpg

2002464517358208688_rs.jpg

I'm gonna work on this one next...

2003984841483614739_rs.jpg
Auto enthusiast. I drive a 2000 Camaro Z28. LOADED w/ mods.

Camera: Nikon D80, 18-55 f3.5 stocker & 18-200 Nikon VR.... with a small collection of filters..

My Smugmug.. STILL Under construction.
http://bayer-Z28.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    edited December 17, 2007
    If some one has soem spare time and wants a oic to mess around with, take that very last one of the Candle.. I can't think of anything to do to it.. besides maybe add a Warming filter and maybe enhance the blue slughtly along w/ some minor sharpening..

Camera: Nikon D80, 18-55 f3.5 stocker & 18-200 Nikon VR.... with a small collection of filters..

• Options
    LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2007
    In your first shot, the whole image has gotten darker and picked up a blue green cast. Look at the color of the clouds and to a lesser degree at the concrete in the forground. The car, which seems to be the primary subject has gotten darker and lost contrast with the background. If it were me working on this shot, I'd be trying to pop the car and the clounds. I'd also consider cropping away some of the foreground leaving just a bit of dirt in front of the Jersey barrier.

As for the flag, I like what you have done with the colors of the flag; particularly the reds and whites. I'd back off a bit more on the sharpening; its just a touch too crispy for my taste. However, the clouds have suffered in the process; they are looking more grey rather than white leaving the whole sky looking flat and lifeless.

As for the candle, it looks like the focus was on the reflection rather than the candle itself. If it were mine, I'd reshoot with enough depth of field to get the whole thing in focus rather than trying to rescue this shot in Photoshop.
  • Options
    Duffy PrattDuffy Pratt Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2007
    Something like this?

In LAB, I did something like Dan Margulis' Man from Mars technique on the A and B channels (really steep curves, with a pivot point slightly off center for each), and dialed it back to about 20%. Then I did a hiraloam sharpen on the A and B channels, through a luminosity mask that had been overlayed on itself. Then a smart sharpen on the L channel at 80, .8. Convert to RGB and then added a slight vignette.

Duffy
  • Options
    edited December 17, 2007
    LiquidAir wrote:
    In your first shot, the whole image has gotten darker and picked up a blue green cast. Look at the color of the clouds and to a lesser degree at the concrete in the forground. The car, which seems to be the primary subject has gotten darker and lost contrast with the background. If it were me working on this shot, I'd be trying to pop the car and the clounds. I'd also consider cropping away some of the foreground leaving just a bit of dirt in front of the Jersey barrier.

As for the flag, I like what you have done with the colors of the flag; particularly the reds and whites. I'd back off a bit more on the sharpening; its just a touch too crispy for my taste. However, the clouds have suffered in the process; they are looking more grey rather than white leaving the whole sky looking flat and lifeless.

As for the candle, it looks like the focus was on the reflection rather than the candle itself. If it were mine, I'd reshoot with enough depth of field to get the whole thing in focus rather than trying to rescue this shot in Photoshop.

Cool.. Thanx boss... I can't reshoot the Candle.. It was a spur of the moment thing I had at my PME Graduation. (Professional Military Eduacation).. THat was at the General's table. I'm just drawn to blue light for some reason.. I LOVE it!! THey used ice and blue light cubes too!! VERY cool!!! :ivar I would love to get a pic of that!!

I see what was done w/ the candle. I think I need to adjust the saturation on my camera.. THat may be my problem from dull pictures... Not enough color.. But you really have to kick this camera in the arse to get it to take a good pic.. If you TRY, it won't work.. It seems to work best at the spur of the moment pics..