Options

Stretch Hummer Ride

urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
edited December 20, 2007 in Weddings
In case anyone's getting Christmas picture overload....Here's a few fun ones from the December 1 wedding...I am soooo slow at getting these edited! I took these with a rented 50mm 1.2 L :lustor the 17-55 2.8 IS. It was pitch black in there! Used some different processing to bring the "fun" out, let me know if it works for you or not. Thanks and happy holidays!

1. Where is that limo!? (my PJ brownie point of the day)
233334119-L-2.jpg

2. Ceremony over? Time for the fedora! ("Billie Jean is not my lover...")
233335088-L-2.jpg

3. bud light presents.....vol I
233335439-L-2.jpg

233329510-L-2.jpg

233329792-L-2.jpg

6. You know you're old when you don't know the words to the rap song everyone's shouting like it was 1999.
233332117-L-2.jpg

7. bud light presents, vol. II
233333090-L-2.jpg

8. Close quarters for nine penguins!
233333598-L-2.jpg

Thanks for humoring me, I'm bored as h#% at work today. :D
Canon 5D MkI
50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers

Comments

• Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2007
    Love #1 - very cool!

#4 - it took me a while to figure out what you had going there, but I eventually did (I'm just slow that way).

I really like 1, 4, 5, and 8! Well done.

And, tell us - is the 50mm f/1.2 really worth the extra $1K over the f/1.4?
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2007
    Hic-cup!!
    I guess any other lite is just a .....speedlite?......and you better be carefull!!! I know the words to 1999!!!

I can't say that I am crazy about 1,3 or 7.

The rest are very nice...especially when taking the lighting into account. You have to wonder though, if there had been light in spades if the photos would be as interesting looking.

5,6,and 8 are my picks. Very interesting that you were able to blend YOUR classic style with a very hip/ modern setting. For instance........if not for the cans, #8 could have been taken 20 years ago. I like that!

Happy Holidays to you Lynne.
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2007
    Just an observation that has nothing to do with your photos (with are nice)-- I'm amazed someone would spend money on a stretch hummer yet skimp on the beer (bud light). 'Course I live in a city (Portland, Oregon) with a micro brewery on just about every corner-- so maybe I'm just spoiled. mwink.gif

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• Options
    Dave CleeDave Clee Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2007
    I like the style of these photos. Brings a fresh look to an age old event...
    The watermark is a bit distracting tho :(

Cheers

Dave
    Still searching for the light...

http://www.daveclee.com

Nikon D3 and a bunch of nikkor gear
    that has added up over the years :wink
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited December 18, 2007
    is this an ad or a wedding?-

enjoyed the pics, lynne-

thanks-
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2007
    Love #1 - very cool!

#4 - it took me a while to figure out what you had going there, but I eventually did (I'm just slow that way).

I really like 1, 4, 5, and 8! Well done.

And, tell us - is the 50mm f/1.2 really worth the extra $1K over the f/1.4?

Glad you got the moment I was trying to capture in #1. The groomsmen were quite an obstacle to a photojournalistic approach, I got one in and they were like "Hey guys she's taking a photo of you on the phone" :bluduh

Also glad you liked #4! Something wasn't quite right when it was "right side up" and after some contemplation, I remembered how effective this photo was. :D

And no, the 50mm 1.2 is not worth the $. I couldn't get a reasonably sharp photo wide open on a tripod in the daylight. I got a few nice ones at 1.6, but I probably could have gotten very similar shots with the 50mm 1.4. Walking around with a red ring is fun though, it was my first time.
    Canon 5D MkI
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2007
    dogwood wrote:
    Just an observation that has nothing to do with your photos (with are nice)-- I'm amazed someone would spend money on a stretch hummer yet skimp on the beer (bud light). 'Course I live in a city (Portland, Oregon) with a micro brewery on just about every corner-- so maybe I'm just spoiled. mwink.gif

Thanks for your comments! I'm not sure about you, but I remember when I was fresh out of college, my wine and beer palate was pretty immature! And the stretch hummer was more cost effective than regular limos considering 22 people rode in there.

At least they had good taste in photographers. rolleyes1.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2007
    Dave Clee wrote:
    I like the style of these photos. Brings a fresh look to an age old event...
    The watermark is a bit distracting tho :(

Cheers

Dave

Thank you much for your comments!!! I find image theft pretty distracting, myself. mwink.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2007
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    I guess any other lite is just a .....speedlite?......and you better be carefull!!! I know the words to 1999!!!

I can't say that I am crazy about 1,3 or 7.

The rest are very nice...especially when taking the lighting into account. You have to wonder though, if there had been light in spades if the photos would be as interesting looking.

5,6,and 8 are my picks. Very interesting that you were able to blend YOUR classic style with a very hip/ modern setting. For instance........if not for the cans, #8 could have been taken 20 years ago. I like that!

Happy Holidays to you Lynne.

I appreciate your thoughtful comments! I liked the fact that I had full license to push the envelope in the extremely low light situation. I did flash some of them but it was pretty jarring and brought too much attention to myself.

I am so excited that you called these hip! :ivarwell, you didn't exactly, but I'll take it. I really do try to amp up whatever read I get on the couple, whether it's elegant or edgy. It's my favorite aspect of wedding photography, trying to keep it fresh and personal.
    Canon 5D MkI
  • Options
    TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2007
    1, 2, 4, and 5 are my faves. The inverted mirrored shot in 4 gives me vertigo :D but is a really cool affect. #6 is a tad creepy for a wedding photo - the photo itself is nice but the pose and the treatment don't work. As usual, you fail to disappoint! clap.gif

Oh, and for the record, I would gladly take a Bud Light or Miller Lite over a microbrew anyday :D.
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2007
    Travis wrote:
    1, 2, 4, and 5 are my faves. The inverted mirrored shot in 4 gives me vertigo :D but is a really cool affect. #6 is a tad creepy for a wedding photo - the photo itself is nice but the pose and the treatment don't work. As usual, you fail to disappoint! clap.gif

Oh, and for the record, I would gladly take a Bud Light or Miller Lite over a microbrew anyday :D.

Ha! I'm a wino myself.

I appreciate your take on #6! I think I took the treatment a bit far in that one. I think they'll think it's funny, they know that's how they "dance" when the beat's laid down Laughing.gif!
    Canon 5D MkI
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2007
    Oh......I need you to see if my signature looks different?
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2007
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Oh......I need you to see if my signature looks different?

HAHA!!! You're in the blogworld now!! Mwa hahahaha
    Canon 5D MkI
  • Options
    edited December 18, 2007
    urbanaries wrote:
    HAHA!!! You're in the blogworld now!! Mwa hahahaha

Oh!!!...stop it mwink.gif
  • Options
    TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2007
    urbanaries wrote:
    I think they'll think it's funny, they know that's how they "dance" when the beat's laid down Laughing.gif!

Then it is perfect but I still think that they would scare old ladies and children when getting their groove on. rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2007
    Wow...very different for you Lynne (different is good!!!). I feel like I'm at a New Year's party instead of a wedding...Laughing.gif! Pretty 'out there' and judging by the couple, I'm sure they will adore them. The upside-down mirror shots had me going for awhile! eek7.gif
  • Options
    Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2007
    I love #1 and #5 but they are all great. I love the fun feeling when you look at them....Great Job!!!
    Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
    BLOG
  • Options
    MasoncnMasoncn Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited December 20, 2007
    very good job !clap.gif
  • Options
    edited December 20, 2007
    Thanks Susan and Stephanie! I think most wedding parties that pack into a limo between the reception and ceremony get wild and crazy, so I was excited to try and capture that spirit. Thanks for commenting!
    Canon 5D MkI