wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
edited December 18, 2007 in Landscapes
800-tomb-dc-bw.jpg
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2007
    I love the title. It's perfect!

The dark sky contrasted with the bright highlights on the building totally make it. thumb.gif
  • ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2007
    You got yourself a flawless picture right there!..Whats a dronery?? :D
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2007
    Thank you schmoo, arvin.

In this case a dronery is a local city hall.
    Anybody can do it.
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2007
    Very cool shot thumb.gif I love the hard lines of the building offset by the brush. The tones really heighten the drama.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2007
    I just looked at this again and the windows on the left side of the building popped out at me. They are so bright yet shine through the shadows in that part of the image. I didn't even notice that before but I love that contrast right there especially next to the lit side of the building where the windows are dark. It looks almost unreal! thumb.gif
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2007
    schmoo wrote:
    I just looked at this again and the windows on the left side of the building popped out at me. They are so bright yet shine through the shadows in that part of the image. I didn't even notice that before but I love that contrast right there especially next to the lit side of the building where the windows are dark. It looks almost unreal! thumb.gif

Yes, wouldn't it be cool if the windows seemed to show the sky behind the building, so there would be the surreal effect of the building being two dimensional. There is already a hint of similar lighting in the sky upper left to the reflections in the windows. A bit of "copy and paste" into the dark windows is all that would be required...
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix