Valparaiso v. Chicago State (Basketball)

ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
edited January 1, 2008 in Sports
Valparaiso won 90-61, putting them at 10-1 for the season so far. Basically to sum it all up I would say that there was a lot of this from Valpo:
232838471-M.jpg

and a lot of this from the other team's coach:
232831162-M.jpg

Gallery here:
http://shima.smugmug.com/gallery/4001822

Comments

• bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2007
    Nice shots posted and I took a look at your gallery and they are all quite good. You had quite a bit of success with subject matter and lighting that is very challenging to say the least.

Very clean shots considering most of them seem to be shot at ISO1600 - its amazing how clean high ISO's are now.......

Thanks for posting these........
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw
  • johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2008
    shot 1: faces. Your main subject is being shot from behind - not nearly as interesting because you can't see his face - and the defender's face is out of focus.

Shot 2: nice emotion on the part of the coach but I think a tighter shot would have worked a little better. The assistant isn't really doing anything interesting and is out of focus anyway so he's more of a distraction than anything else.

Looks like you're getting some better exposures with the new lens. So now that you have the right tools it's time to work on your composition and shot selection. Keep up the practice thumb.gif