Idea for LPS #18

Bassett1976Bassett1976 Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited December 18, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Okay, not sure if this is good enough but I thought I'd ask what you think. :dunno

233299210-M.jpg

Would this be a decent idea for milliseconds?
bassett1976.smugmug.com
www.fitmet.com

Comments

• Bassett1976Bassett1976 Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited December 18, 2007
    No thoughts? No ideas? No suggestions?
    bassett1976.smugmug.com
    www.fitmet.com
  • PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2007
    Took me a bit to figure out what the photo is of...but I think it's of an ice skating rink? I like the colorful lanterns hanging over the ice. I would prefer to be able to more instantly recognize the scene - perhaps a slightly faster shutter speed so that the bodies of the skaters are defined, but with a slight blur to still show the motion and without the vehicle(?) in the foreground. It's much better than what I've got so far...which is zippo.

-paul
  • Bassett1976Bassett1976 Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited December 18, 2007
    Took me a bit to figure out what the photo is of...but I think it's of an ice skating rink? I like the colorful lanterns hanging over the ice. I would prefer to be able to more instantly recognize the scene - perhaps a slightly faster shutter speed so that the bodies of the skaters are defined, but with a slight blur to still show the motion and without the vehicle(?) in the foreground. It's much better than what I've got so far...which is zippo.

-paul

Thank you, its actually a shot of the Tea Cups at Disneyland. I thought that the motion could be the key for milliseconds or the lack of a stationary object.
    bassett1976.smugmug.com
    www.fitmet.com
  • PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2007
    Now that I know what it is - I can just distinguish it. I like the general idea with a few tweaks. Perhaps it is semantics, but it seems like it fits the "seconds" side of the theme (not that it really matters) and there may be some room for overlap between seconds and milliseconds.
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited December 18, 2007
    use flash, (just an idea....)
    youve got a good idea with the theme/topic

(flash) if you could have got those people in the bottom of the frame it would do wonders to your shot
    Aaron Nelson