Trixie & the clown

JimWJimW Registered Users Posts: 333 Major grins
edited December 20, 2007 in People
As part of my environmental portrait project of people in our building, it was time for Kathy and me to do our portrait in our apartment. We’ve converted the living room into a studio, and that’s where we decided to shoot. The original idea was to show us setting up a “simple” studio shoot of some flowers. Well, after three afternoons of setting it up, I ended up using just about everything we own in the shot. We got the shot, and just left the set up for a week. The following weekend Kathy became Trixie and I became the clown, just for grins.

Five tiger lillies, four studio heads (three with gels, one without), three pocket wizards, two gelled Nikon flashes, one translucent light panel, two pieces of white muslin, one blond wig, one Ben Franklin clown wig, one big bow tie and here it is ..... a ridiculous photo for no apparent reason.

[FONT=&quot]c&c is welcome

229040303-O.jpg
[/FONT]

I don't want the cheese, I just want to get out of the trap.

http://www.jimwhitakerphotography.com/

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited December 18, 2007
    I like it!-

it would really work if you used my pp (processing)-
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2007
    Jim, just like the rest of your project I love this one. The warm light and the cool background just make it. The interesting clowns don't hurt, either!
  • JimWJimW Registered Users Posts: 333 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2007
    Thanks George, but I don't have a clue of what your pp is? If you want to have a go with it, it's fine by me. Do you need me to send you a bigger file?

Thanks Schmoo, I appreciate your comments.

Jim

• SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2007
    I'll just answer quickly for GE.
    PP = Post Processing.
    What you do to the image in your preferred image editor to make the image pop or give it that feel you want to convey.

Yes, the highest res possible file is needed for post. That way you achieve the best results!

BTW I think it a great shot as well! I saw it's brother shot in your other thread, but didn't comment. I'm glad you reposted so I could remember this time to give congrats on a well thought out shot!
    edited December 19, 2007
    SloYerRoll wrote:
    I'll just answer quickly for GE.
    PP = Post Processing.
    What you do to the image in your preferred image editor to make the image pop or give it that feel you want to convey.

Yes, the highest res possible file is needed for post. That way you achieve the best results!

BTW I think it a great shot as well! I saw it's brother shot in your other thread, but didn't comment. I'm glad you reposted so I could remember this time to give congrats on a well thought out shot!

I honestly like the photo on it's own-

sorry; I was kidding about the pp-

it's a neat idea that has become a great photo-
    edited December 19, 2007
    jim-

I took the opportunity to look at your gallery and view your environmental portraits-

I thought they were all great but this one http://jimwhitaker.smugmug.com/gallery/2056734#222414261-A-LB
    to me, is outstanding!-

did you ever post it here on dgrin?-

if you did, I'm sorry I didn't comment on it-

if you didn't, I wish you would-
  • JimWJimW Registered Users Posts: 333 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2007
    Jon,
    Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I know what pp is, I just don't know how George's pp is done. And thanks for the comments!

George, Thanks. I did post them in a thread called The Jigsaw Project, which has scrolled down to the depths of ... well ... wherever they go.

Jim

edited December 19, 2007
    JimW wrote:
    Jon,
    Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I know what pp is, I just don't know how George's pp is done. And thanks for the comments!

George, Thanks. I did post them in a thread called The Jigsaw Project, which has scrolled down to the depths of ... well ... wherever they go.

Jim

hah!-

they've been resuscitated!-
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2007
    JimW wrote:
    ..... a ridiculous photo for no apparent reason.

rolleyes1.gifhahah all that effort.. i love it! bowdown.gifbow
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2007
    There is so much to enjoy in this shot! Another great one for your collection! I love the colors, the clowns, the silhouette of the clown, all the equipment...thanks for continuing to share more from your project.
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography