Copying of protected images?

kp-pixkp-pix Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
edited December 21, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hi :D

I found this on statcounter this morning and my son says it shows that someone has copied things, silly at low res, but anyhoot

this was the thingy - what does it mean?

///C:/My%20Web%20Sites/Tracey-Peter/karenpiscitelli.smugmug.com/gallery/3235554/photos/POST.html

There was also a get where the post at the end is, and an index, and one of a whole gallery number - plus - this isp has been through my whole smuggy :rofl - not that there is anything super great in there but it is a disconcerting thought!

I knew I should have learned more about pc's!!! NFI!:D

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2007
    kp-pix wrote:
    Hi :D

I found this on statcounter this morning and my son says it shows that someone has copied things, silly at low res, but anyhoot

this was the thingy - what does it mean?

///C:/My%20Web%20Sites/Tracey-Peter/karenpiscitelli.smugmug.com/gallery/3235554/photos/POST.html

There was also a get where the post at the end is, and an index, and one of a whole gallery number - plus - this isp has been through my whole smuggy rolleyes1.gif

I knew I should have learned more about pc's!!! NFI!:D

Presumably, you're saying that this was the referrer link in your statcounter listing (e.g. where the viewer came from).

If that's the case, then this probably means that someone tried to save one or more of your gallery pages to their hard disk. It does not necessarily mean that they saved any of your images - probably just the HTML that comprises your page. When I try to save one of my galleries in either Firefox or IE, I don't get any images larger than thumbnails.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • kp-pixkp-pix Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2007
    Yes!! That's what I was trying to say and obviously said it badly - sorry!

OH ok, and great!! Thanks so much !!