ISO 64, f/2.8 @ 1/250s
17385436-M.jpg

Footprint

ISO 64, f/4.5 @ 1/160s
17385437-M.jpg

Comments

• thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2005
    I can't really think of much to say to these minimalistic pictures. All I can say is that I think the one with the foot is very nice indeed. Maybe to get more of the feel of minimalism you should take pictures of things in primary colors and classic shapes- circle, square. So keep at it.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2005
    I certainly think both of these qualify for the challenge. I like the footprint best because it adds some interest to the photo. It seems as though we are all working so hard to get minimal that we are forgetting to ask ourselves if we love the picture and if it has the capacity to pull the viewer in. The best examples that I have seen so far amaze and delight -- even if some might argue that the pictures are not minimlalist based on one definition or another. None of which makes the challenge any easier. :cry

Philosophy aside, if you want to use one of these photos, I would clone out the bits of white shell and, in the footprint one, I would get rid of everything except the footprint and the texture of the sand. Also, you might want to lighten up the pictures a bit and play around with the contrast to see if you get a more compelling result.

Don't give up! We have a week to go!

Virginia

Email
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2005
    Dan, I was going to do that with sand, but did downtown instead. Those are minimalistis, but I agree on cleaning them up. And playing around in PS.

g
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2005
    I think a higher contrast on the 1st would do the job at pulling someone in.....there's a nice repetition of the shapes in different sizes and angles and to me that's very interesting. I agree about cleaning up the shell.

good job! (as usual!) clap.gifclap.gif
  • dkoyanagidkoyanagi Registered Users Posts: 656 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2005
    Thanks for your feedback everybody. I've updated the photo, but it still doesn't seem quite "minimal". This is a really tough challenge. I've tried shooting more abstract stuff but nothing's doing it for me. ne_nau.gif Oh well. There's still a week left so I might figure out something by then.