New York City Newbie

javierplumeyjavierplumey Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
edited December 26, 2007 in Landscapes
I had a chance to go to New York City with my family for a baptism but we only had 6 hours to play with. We ended up getting a water taxi to see the statue of Liberty, seeing the Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall, and then got a nice walk through the brisk weather to a nice restaurant. I shot a whole mess of photos but I wanted to share a couple that I really liked. I still consider myself to be a photography newbie but it was fun being in a place with so many awesome subjects.

234329129-M.jpg
234329240-M.jpg
234329435-M.jpg

Comments

• pantherlaxpantherlax Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited December 22, 2007
    I love all three. The 2nd one could be a postcard.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2007
    It's hard to tell you're new at photography - gorgeous sunsets. NYC is a hard place to shoot because there is so much going on all the time.

Feel free to post your shots larger anytime, as you can see Dgrin isn't afraid of big 'uns. :D
  • photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2007
    Nice shots... Love the sun pics. The night lights work wonderwell too.
    Sharp and good balance. How new are you exactly? ;o)))
  • javierplumeyjavierplumey Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2007
    photocat wrote:
    Nice shots... Love the sun pics. The night lights work wonderwell too.
    Sharp and good balance. How new are you exactly? ;o)))

Well I've been taking pictures for a long time, you know, the usual family and vacation stuff, but I only started doing anything interesting and creative since August of this year when I got my first DSLR, a Nikon D40.

Now that I have an SLR I see all kinds of opportunities for interesting shots. I shoot at least 600 shots a week now and I'm trying to absorb as much photography tips as I can. I'm learning so much from all you grinners, thanks!!!
  • Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2007
    Wow, from the looks of these you're doing great stuff. I like 'em all. thumb.gif
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2007
    15524779-Ti.gif very nice work!
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com