Bulk border/frame in Photoshop?

NewCreation517NewCreation517 Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
edited December 22, 2007 in Finishing School
Hey all!

Just wondering, is there a way to add borders in bulk to picture in Photoshop? I've got about 100 pictures I'd like to frame in a nice black border, but really don't want to go through the process individually for each photo. Perhaps there is an action or something?

Thank you!
Not there yet, but I've passed the start ...

Comments

• gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2007
    Are the photos all the same size ?
  • NewCreation517NewCreation517 Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited December 22, 2007
    gus wrote:
    Are the photos all the same size ?

Unfortunately not. I wondered if this would be an issue as well, but thought perhaps there is an option to do the width by percentage, rather than pixel size?
    Not there yet, but I've passed the start ...
    I shouldnt be giving advice on PS...im a self taught maniac on it but making an action is easy..just google 'making [recording] an action in PS' or something along those words, this usually works for me but i have in the past, had issues when the photos are different sizes. What works for full frame looks ridiculous on a heavy crop.
  • JohnnyJrJohnnyJr Registered Users Posts: 174 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2007
    you can do this
    Go to Image > Canvas Size... > click the Relative button > set the Width and Height drop downs to Percent.

You might need to experiment a little. Once you find a % setting that works, record it as an action as gus said. I do this all the time myself & as Billy D says about Colt 45 "it works everytime!"
    Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    Jake: Hit it.

http://www.sissonphotography.com
    www.flickr.com/photos/sissonphotography
    http://sissonphotography.blogspot.com/