First macro photos from me

ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
edited December 24, 2007 in Holy Macro
Hey guys!

you have seen me arround..Here and there most posting pics of things.

Anyawys here is the story:

I found out that my pentax K10 is capable of taking care of them good ole lenses from the 70s. So i bought some old lenses from tradera ( swedish ebay ) and got blown away by the quality of these old things..I mean..You don´t get this feeling in a lens today! its insane!..Anywyas Yesterday i got my pentax phenix 28-70 f/3,4 macro. Ran arround the house to find some intresting things to shoot..And this is the result. And remember this..There is no PP what so ever on these pics. Nothing is done to make them sharper.
So i will keep shooting macro. It´s funny :D. Anyways these pics arent ment to be "good" as photographs, its just a showoff what old lenses can do =).

234843264-XL.jpg

234843197-XL.jpg

234843145-XL.jpg

bigger pics @ www.arvan.smugmug.com if you wanna lookie lookie.

Have a very very nice Xmas!!

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2007
    Certainly look sharp :) well done with the old lenses.
    Brian V.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2007
    Arvan wrote:
    Hey guys!

you have seen me arround..Here and there most posting pics of things.

Anyways here is the story:

I found out that my pentax K10 is capable of taking care of them good ole lenses from the 70s. So i bought some old lenses from tradera ( swedish ebay ) and got blown away by the quality of these old things..I mean..You don´t get this feeling in a lens today! its insane!..Anyways Yesterday i got my pentax phenix 28-70 f/3,4 macro. Ran arround the house to find some intresting things to shoot..And this is the result. And remember this..There is no PP what so ever on these pics. Nothing is done to make them sharper.
    So i will keep shooting macro. It´s funny :D. Anyways these pics arent ment to be "good" as photographs, its just a showoff what old lenses can do =).

bigger pics @ www.arvan.smugmug.com if you wanna lookie lookie.

Have a very very nice Xmas!!

Bet that was nice to find out your camera can use the old lenses :D
    They indeed look very sharp to me too.

Tell me something, the last shot, is that one of those oil burners?
    what have you got in the liquid? I see clovers, and cinnamon stick,
    are the balls nutmeg? I'm curious to know what you have in there,
    and I bet it smells just beautiful.

Thanks for sharing your Images Arvan, they look great clap.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2007
    Hmm i don´t relly know what´s in there :D its a trick of my mom. But yes! its smells ohh lord it smells good :D The liquid is just normal water, that´s all i know. But try it? Just throw some good smelling stuff in there and put a candle under it.

// Arvid
  • patricia kaypatricia kay Registered Users Posts: 206 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2007
    Arvan...

So we meet again....had a chat with you in another thread about some mushrooms.....

Its like finding treasure when something old works with something new....did you have to get a special adapter to fit the camera and the lens??? they did such a good job....nice and sharp too...

Skippy....At this time of year there is a Swedish drink called Glögg(i probably spelt it wrong) and you have all these spices that Arvan has in his glass...its a red mulled wine that you drink warm and eat the almonds and raisens with a small spoon.....its delicious and very moorish...can make you very dizzy if you drink too much of it!!!!

Patricia.....:D
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2007
    I really like the apples and orange shot. The highlights are a bit distracting, but the comp is nice.
    Growing with Dgrin

• ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2007
    Arvan...

So we meet again....had a chat with you in another thread about some mushrooms.....

Its like finding treasure when something old works with something new....did you have to get a special adapter to fit the camera and the lens??? they did such a good job....nice and sharp too...

Skippy....At this time of year there is a Swedish drink called Glögg(i probably spelt it wrong) and you have all these spices that Arvan has in his glass...its a red mulled wine that you drink warm and eat the almonds and raisens with a small spoon.....its delicious and very moorish...can make you very dizzy if you drink too much of it!!!!

Patricia.....:D

hehe yes i remember them shrooms...
    To answer your question...NO i don´t need any adapter since pentax is THE best camera manufacuter on ze planet!. Well maby not but they are just going for that capability with really old stuff. And i just love it =) Such a moneysaver!.

And aboyt that glögg...Blossa made a new one this year..with brandy in it. Think the % is a bout 21-29 ... Yes you get dissy if you drink to much :D