Options

2007 The Year in Review

2»

Comments

• Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Those are awesome Elaine. You are a very talented photographer, and you've captured some memorable shots this year. I really liked the sillouttes at the beach, that grinning baby in his mother's lap, and most of the ones of your son.....but especially the one panned shot on the tire swing. That shot is absolutely stunning. I can't wait to see what that you and that Canon will give us next year.

An observation........you must feel like you are looking at a mirror when you look at that son of yours. He looks soooooo much like you!!!

Good job, and thank you for contributing to the thread. I have tagged it to come to for inspiration and ideas.thumb.gif

Thanks so much, Jeff! I feel like I've grown so much this year, because of SmugMug and the folks here at DGrin. This year was a very difficult one, personally, so I'm grateful for what photography has contributed to my life, and I look forward to next year.

Yep...my son does resemble me quite a bit! :D As he's grown, he's taken on more of his daddy, but his coloring and his eyes are from me, so that resemblance will probably stay.
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    kp-pixkp-pix Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2007
    Well I loved your gallery, Elaine. The ones of the young lady are simply stunning, the one in the reddish sweater (we call it a jumper or something - don't ask me whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy - sheep jump?) but they were all great and I love your sp's.

Your sepia one in this thread, as I don't comment that often as I come and go with schedule, but I actually really loved that and didn't put two and two together.

Really funky!! clap.gif
  • Options
    edited December 28, 2007
    kp-pix wrote:
    Well I loved your gallery, Elaine. The ones of the young lady are simply stunning, the one in the reddish sweater (we call it a jumper or something - don't ask me whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy - sheep jump?) but they were all great and I love your sp's.

Your sepia one in this thread, as I don't comment that often as I come and go with schedule, but I actually really loved that and didn't put two and two together.

Really funky!! clap.gif

Thanks a bunch, Karen! I appreciate the looks and compliments! iloveyou.gif I thoroughly enjoyed perusing your own galleries as well!
    Elaine

• Options
    pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2007
    You guys have some incredible, jaw dropping work there. Bravo! Encore! clap.gif

Elaine, where did you shoot that fall panorama, The Shire? Karen, you've got some beautiful high key portraits. David, I love the nature shots. Just to name a few. Faaaaantastic.

Got my own gallery uploading, all 96 pictures of it. Pulling that together I realized just how much I've improved recently, half of the good stuff I have is in the 4000 shots in my catalog from this year, the rest are mostly from the year before lol3.gif

All in all a good circle around the Sun then. Gonna resolve to keep it up in 2008, anyone with me? :D
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • Options
    edited December 28, 2007
    pyry wrote:

Elaine, where did you shoot that fall panorama, The Shire?

Ahh...do you mean this one?

http://e-heasley.smugmug.com/gallery/2335658#236690149

Fortunately for me, those leaves on the ground are in my back yard and those trees beyond are part of the greenspace we border. For living in town, I feel pretty lucky! My husband said this one looked very "Lord of the Rings," so that's why I thought of this one first.

Oh...you could have meant this one:
    http://e-heasley.smugmug.com/gallery/2335658#236685778

That's just a few minutes from home! Oregon in the fall is a beautiful place!

Thanks! And I'm in for 2008 to be even better! clap.gif
    Elaine

• Options
    edited December 28, 2007
    Elaine wrote:

Oh...you could have meant this one:
    http://e-heasley.smugmug.com/gallery/2335658#236685778

That's just a few minutes from home! Oregon in the fall is a beautiful place!

Thanks! And I'm in for 2008 to be even better! clap.gif
    That's the one, and the other one is pretty sweet too. Oregon... in October... I'm thinking I should put that in my calendar :D
    Creativity's hard.

• Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2007
    Elaine!!!

You are the bomb!! You are one of the few who can not only produce outstanding portrature, but also extraordinary landscapes and stills. I am impressed. bowdown.gif

I struggle with anything that doesnt have a person in it!!!ne_nau.gif

Anyway, I don't have time to give you anymore compliments today....my....ahem....17-55mm F2.8 IS came in today and I am trying to find something to dislike about it. No luck yet!!!

Beautiful images....thanks for sharing them.
  • Options
    edited December 28, 2007
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Elaine!!!

You are the bomb!! You are one of the few who can not only produce outstanding portrature, but also extraordinary landscapes and stills. I am impressed. bowdown.gif

I struggle with anything that doesnt have a person in it!!!ne_nau.gif

Anyway, I don't have time to give you anymore compliments today....my....ahem....17-55mm F2.8 IS came in today and I am trying to find something to dislike about it. No luck yet!!!

Beautiful images....thanks for sharing them.

WooHoo!!!! You have fun with that sweet new lens, ya hear! :ivar

And thank you, again, for the photog high-fives. :D I think we need a high-five smiley...
    Elaine

• Options
    edited December 28, 2007
    Right, it's done!

My looking back on 2007 gallery. Enjoy!

Yaaaawn! It's past five in the morning by now, the things we do for photography...
    Creativity's hard.

• Options
    kp-pixkp-pix Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2007
    Some great humour and creativity in your show, pyry clap.gif thanks for sharing
  • Options
    wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2007
    Here's our input...
    Here are some shots from both my wife and I. (The one's you really like I took; the others are hers...rolleyes1.gif )

http://willspix.smugmug.com/gallery/4064933

We are usually taking shots during our kids' sports, most of which I thought wouldn't be in keeping with the "people" forum. However, here are some which I thought would fit because if they taken at a game, they were less focussed on the action and more of the faces...

Looking forward to working on our "Best of 2008" submission...

Happy New Years to all you dgrinners.
    Regards

Will
    edited December 29, 2007
    Hey Will, what great shots!! I am so inlove with number 3 rolleyes1.giflovin that stance so bad - that young lady has some serious attitude that I like! Great facial expressions and bubbles - how cute!!

Thanks for sharing clap.gif
  • Options
    edited December 29, 2007
    kp-pix wrote:
    Some great humour and creativity in your show, pyry clap.gif thanks for sharing
    Thank you! beer.gif
    Creativity's hard.

• Options
    edited December 29, 2007
    kp-pix wrote:
    Hey Will, what great shots!! I am so inlove with number 3 rolleyes1.giflovin that stance so bad - that young lady has some serious attitude that I like!

Gotta agree, that #3 is quite a shot!
    Creativity's hard.

• Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2007
    Will and Pyry......
    Thanks for contributing to the thread and putting your photos up for us all to admire. Looking forward to seeing more in 2008.
  • Options
    DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited January 10, 2008
    Swartzy wrote:
    Thanks for sharing! Really sweet!

Here's mine:

http://www.swartzy.smugmug.com/

Guess I don't know how to label it and make it a hot link :D

Wow! Incredible. I have never seen any landscape images from you. They are awesome.
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2008
    urbanaries wrote:
    Awesome work guys!

Jeff, so many shots I forgot were yours. What a great year you've had!

George, it's been very interesting to see your processing evolve over time. That shot of you and your wife takes my breath away...wow!

David, you really are a master at the long exposures. Some fantastic landscape work I hadn't seen before. WOW!

Karen, I just love your style and timing and sense of humour.

And Scott, your lighting prowess is evident in every frame of your short but very sweet show! (Missed the groom bawling as the bride enters...that was one of my faves!)

What a fun year 2007 has been for me! I have learned SO MUCH this year from my awesome friends at dgrin. thumb.gif

These may not be the critic's choice, or my clients' choice, this is the one time I get to pick my favorites of '07.

Great stuff! I especially like your wedding photos.
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2008
    anwmn1 wrote:
    Wow- there is some amazing work on here. Seeing the quality of work that everyone puts out on a consistent basis has caused me to raise my game and become a better photographer this past year.

Thanks for starting and posting on this thread.

I put a slide show together of my best after looking through everyone else's work.

Best of 2007

Awesome!!
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2008
    Llywellyn wrote:
    What a neat idea, and how inspiring to see these collections from others. Thank you all for sharing! clap.gif

Though this was a great year for me, my collection feels a bit small in comparison: Best of 2007 :D

Don't sell yourself short. You have great stuff. I love your baby shots.
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2008
    Elaine wrote:
    I'm finally somewhat ready to contribute. Here's a link to my favorite people shots of 2007. (I'm still working on pulling together my non-people shots, which I will have many more of.) You all are quite prolific...I'm feeling a bit self-conscious that so many of my shots are of my son and even a few are of me! rolleyes1.gif Ahh well...feel free to take a look! Happy clicking in 2008!

Some favorites of the non-people variety:
    http://e-heasley.smugmug.com/gallery/2335658#120814393

These are great, especially the ones of you and your son. I love the lighting.
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2008
    pyry wrote:
    Right, it's done!

My looking back on 2007 gallery. Enjoy!

Yaaaawn! It's past five in the morning by now, the things we do for photography...

I love the girl in black and urban shots!
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2008
    wmstumme wrote:
    Here are some shots from both my wife and I. (The one's you really like I took; the others are hers...rolleyes1.gif )

http://willspix.smugmug.com/gallery/4064933

We are usually taking shots during our kids' sports, most of which I thought wouldn't be in keeping with the "people" forum. However, here are some which I thought would fit because if they taken at a game, they were less focussed on the action and more of the faces...

Looking forward to working on our "Best of 2008" submission...

Happy New Years to all you dgrinners.

Great sport shots and I love the boy with the bubbles.
  • Options
    edited January 10, 2008
    You all blew me away. I pale in comparison, but will share anyway.

Most of my favorites are on my new website. A few (maybe 5%) may not be 2007. If you feel up to it I would be interested in feedback on the new website. Click on "enter site" not "smugmug". Thanks for looking.