Options

Unidentified Light

KiloKilo Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
edited December 24, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
6kaaotx.jpg

I don't believe in aliens and saucers and such, but a friend of mine called and asked me to look at the moon about a 45° angle on its bottom right-side.
I couldn't see anything with just my eyes, so I dunno how he did. There was too much moon glow for me to see anything, plus the city lights.
So I grabbed my camera, had no idea how to set it for a night moon shot, and I have small lenses.

But I did capture a faint light where he said it would be, then it was gone within a minute.
He believes it was the space station. I guess it could have been that, but probably a star.

I was wondering if anyone else saw this faint light near the moon tonight around the 9-o-clock hour—eastern time.

Sorry about the detail, but I wasn't ready for this, I don't have a tripod, I don't have a powerful lens nor a telescope/lens attachments.
Even if I did, it probably would have come out bad anyway.:rolleyes
ʞ1└0

Comments

• Options
    leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2007
    The small middle light is Mars. The big greeny is...I dunno! I hate when I miss out on a good probing!rolleyes1.gif
    Growing with Dgrin

• Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited December 23, 2007
    A thread just like this was started up a while ago. I'm sure the ppl that gave the answer will come along on this one. As I remember though, it's just the moon reflecting in your optics.

Definitely no aliens.
  • Options
    edited December 23, 2007
    Yeah, I know the green thing is the reflection of the moon on my lens.
    I hope no one thought I was referring to that faint light.
    I meant the star lookin' faint light.rolleyes1.gif
    But now I see it was only Mars.
    ʞ1└0
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2007
    Kilo wrote:

I don't believe in aliens and saucers and such, but a friend of mine called and asked me to look at the moon about a 45° angle on its bottom right-side.
    I couldn't see anything with just my eyes, so I dunno how he did. There was too much moon glow for me to see anything, plus the city lights.
    So I grabbed my camera, had no idea how to set it for a night moon shot, and I have small lenses.

But I did capture a faint light where he said it would be, then it was gone within a minute.
    He believes it was the space station. I guess it could have been that, but probably a star.

I was wondering if anyone else saw this faint light near the moon tonight around the 9-o-clock hour—eastern time.

Sorry about the detail, but I wasn't ready for this, I don't have a tripod, I don't have a powerful lens nor a telescope/lens attachments.
    Even if I did, it probably would have come out bad anyway.rolleyes1.gif

Have you had a look at this post by any chance ???
    This might explain it to you :D

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=79424

.... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited December 24, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    Have you had a look at this post by any chance ???
    This might explain it to you :D

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=79424

.... Skippy :D

Nah, I didn't until I was told about it last night. I didn't see any post about it before I posted my photo and asked about it. Sorry! :)
    I also tried calling my friend about it as soon as I saw that link last night, and there was no answer. Bet he still thinks it was the space station.
    The only unidentified objects I've ever seen in the night sky were satellites, and that was with my own eyesno telescopes. :)
    ʞ1└0