Options

LPS18 unofficial feedback thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    ShudderzShudderz Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2007
    Donna, Thank you for including Carousel Flight in your favorites.

(and thank you to Kerry as well, who without, the image wouldn't have a title....*grins*)
    Heather
    www.heatherdunnphotography.com
    My Blog My Facebook Page
    GIVING BACK - How will you give?
    "I look at life outside of the lens and capture the world through it." -Thomas Robinson
  • Options
    sunitasunita Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2007
    Thanks AaronNelson2 and Lynne for picking my photo :D. Very glad you liked it!

Cheers,
    Sunita
  • Options
    The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2007
    Thanks Tentacion for your encouragement by adding me to your list. It's appreciated.:D

peace, gail
  • Options
    TPBinKCTPBinKC Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2007
    Thank you Imax and Tentacion. I really appreciate being included in your favorites.

Thad
  • Options
    ravicravic Registered Users Posts: 111 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2007
    @SunsetSailor, Shudderz, pemmett,Ozone ,
    Thank for including mine.
    Rds,
  • Options
    OzoneOzone Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited December 26, 2007
    ravic wrote:
    @SunsetSailor, Shudderz, pemmett,Ozone ,
    Thank for including mine.
    Rds,

The dancer was so beautiful. No brainer for me.
    Ozone
  • Options
    OzoneOzone Registered Users Posts: 74 Big grins
    edited December 26, 2007
    Lynne and Tentacion,

Thank you for including me in your picks. This means a lot to me.

Thankswings.gif
    Ozone
  • Options
    hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2007
    Thanks for pemmett, ozone, and sunsetsailor for including me in their top ten. It's always appreciated when someone notices your work.
  • Options
    HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2007
    Quickly, Before My Shifty Opinion.....
    Can anyone guess which of these I liked the most?

Mark'sFavesLPS18.jpg
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • Options
    ShamguessShamguess Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited December 26, 2007
    Thanks HoofClix
    Thanks for including me in your top picks (the Bicycle Motocross shot). I have read a lot of posts in Dgrin that encourage us to stick with what we like to do but to stretch one's linits. I have found it difficult (but exciting) as a sports photographer to break into the artistic world of Dgrin. With sports photography, it's all about anticipating a moment and hoping that it happens. I don't get to set up the scene and create perfect lighting. I was happy to see that this contest had a perfect theme, one that suits the seconds and milli-seconds involved in racing and many other sports. I hope that other sports photographers will get involved in these contests as I think there is a great opportunity to learn from the more artistic types here. The photos posted here are awsome and inspiring.
    Thanks for the opportunity and for the vote of confidence.
    Steve
  • Options
    TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2007
    HoofClix wrote:
    Can anyone guess which of these I liked the most?

Hmmmmmmmmm, maybe a horse? rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2007
    Travis wrote:
    Hmmmmmmmmm, maybe a horse? rolleyes1.gif

That doesn't look like a horse in the middle..??
    Mark
  • Options
    GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2007
    Well, mine might not be in the center of your selection, Mark, but I sincerely appreciate it being on the edge!

Emily
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• Options
    TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2007
    HoofClix wrote:
    That doesn't look like a horse in the middle..??

Oh, I'm not that quick Mark. rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2007
    Mark,

Thank you immensely for including my image among your favorites. I consider it quite an honor. I knew from my first attempts at this competition and the C&C that you left me, that you would hold no punches and tell it like it is. It was one of the reasons I purposely sought your opinion on my second attempt. This is now round 5 for me. I've finally made your favorite's list.

Making your top few truly means a great deal to me....hopefully it's not just there because it's a horse *grins* Again, thank you.
    Heather
    My Blog My Facebook Page
    "I look at life outside of the lens and capture the world through it." -Thomas Robinson
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2007
    Emily, your very early post caught me right on, and in my opinion, early posts have the potential to get overlooked on "judgment day." They need to be extra good to stand up to the constant reviewing of the thread over the two week period, so I hope you don't think that since it's over there on the edge that it wasn't considered highly!

Heather (and Lynne for that matter), I hope you don't think I chose these just because there was a horse. Each was for what I though the image tried to convey. Heather, yours was because of the technique you were working on. I'm not sure if you were dragging your shudder on this one so much, but the effect was great. Yes, it needed to be timed properly. To catch the capriole, one first has to know it's coming, then know how to time the shot. Phyxius explained what this maneuver is, but that hind-kick is so fast that I'm im pressed you got it. (It's actually a defensive military move used by the cavalry in days of yore!) For Lynne's, it was more mystical quality of the finished shot that caught me. Sure, one has to know how to catch a "4-off" gallop to get it. I'm sure there was more work than most think in this one, as horses aren't just out there frollicking in the pasture all the time. The horse probably needed to be chased and played with a bit. I'm curious on both of these to see some of the out-takes. If you would both be so gracious in a special thread, we could all become enlightened!
    Mark
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2007
    HoofClix wrote:
    Heather, yours was because of the technique you were working on. I'm not sure if you were dragging your shudder on this one so much, but the effect was great.
    Nope, not in this one...was just glad I had my "big" lens (70-200/2.8) with me at dinner that night.
    HoofClix wrote:
    Yes, it needed to be timed properly. To catch the capriole, one first has to know it's coming, then know how to time the shot. Phyxius explained what this maneuver is, but that hind-kick is so fast that I'm im pressed you got it.
    I was ever so glad that they had the horse perform it a SECOND time! I didn't catch it so well the first :D
    HoofClix wrote:
    curious on both of these to see some of the out-takes. If you would both be so gracious in a special thread, we could all become enlightened!
    I would be glad to do that. I've never had an entry that needed a "behind the scenes" explanation before
    Heather
    My Blog My Facebook Page
  • Options
    rolandallenrolandallen Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited December 30, 2007
    Night Train
    Thanks - It was by accident that I caught the "Metrolink" name on the train. But, wow - what fun it was to see it when I downloaded the photo!