Options

Melody and Will

coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
edited December 26, 2007 in People
When my Great Grandpa died a couple years ago, he had 119 direct decendants. This turns the family Christmas party into a rather large affair, where I typically wind up saying hi to a few people I know, speaking to several I dimly recognize, and wondering just WHO all the other people are. :rofl Then I wander off with my cousin Melody, a yearly ritual between us to get away from the crowd and hang out with someone cool. :D Actually Melody is my MOTHER'S cousin, which says something for the span of the great grandparents' offspring.

This year I finally have a good camera, so I subjected Melody and her boyfriend Will to a machine-gun barrage of shooting mixed with experimentation. Here's some of the results.

The party takes place yearly at the Captain Cook Hotel in Anchorage. Melody and Will, in the dimly lit room, checking over pictures on her camera. I'm almost happy with the onboard flash. :D
cmass07001.jpg

The highlight of the yearly event is wandering the towers of the hotel. Here, Melody frames a piece of downtown Anchorage.
cmass07006.jpg

A personal favorite, after much trial and error with focusing quickly:
cmass07007.jpg

Guess who he's looking at? :D
cmass07008.jpg

Tracks are supposed to tell a story. This is quite an intricate novel.
cmass07009.jpg

Santa and Frosty in the town square of the gingerbread village.
cmass07010.jpg

This guy must have forgotten something...
cmass07011.jpg

Will and Will, not seeing each other at all, high above Anchorage.
cmass07012.jpg

Had to save this one from darkness, but I like it! :D
cmass07013.jpg

This one I also like, if just for the way it doesn't really at all represent the situation. They seem so distant... :D
cmass07014.jpg

And last and perhaps cutest... :thumb
cmass07015.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the Christmas party, and sorry I'm lame and didn't bother shooting any of the OTHER interesting characters in the family. :rofl We've got quite a few... if I could only remember their names! :D
John Borland
www.morffed.com

Comments

• Options
    Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2007
    Spasibo for your photos - they are very touching!
    And yes, the last two are very cool.
    Yuri
  • Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited December 24, 2007
    I love the one with the glass where he is looking out the window and you have the reflection.
  • Options
    edited December 25, 2007
    Thanks Yuri! Thanks Josh! Always good to hear feedback! Merry Christmas!
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • Options
    leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2007
    'Tracks' is superb. I also like 'Will' and 'Saved From Darkness'. Melody capturing the shot from the downtown window is pretty cool. I really like the comparison of her berets and the bldg below, thanks to the photog. Thanks for the travel log. Happy Ho Ho and a Merry Next Year.
    Growing with Dgrin

• Options
    edited December 26, 2007
    leaforte wrote:
    'Tracks' is superb. I also like 'Will' and 'Saved From Darkness'. Melody capturing the shot from the downtown window is pretty cool. I really like the comparison of her berets and the bldg below, thanks to the photog. Thanks for the travel log. Happy Ho Ho and a Merry Next Year.

Thanks leaforte! Glad you liked them! :D
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com