The other side of Christmas...

Dramatapix®Dramatapix® Registered Users Posts: 430 Major grins
edited December 25, 2007 in People
I don't mean to depress people on Christmas, but what better time of year to show the plight of the less fortunate?

235534233-L.jpg

While most people in Manchester,NH were finishing up last minute holiday shopping on Christmas Eve, Lorenzo Vanella was sitting in a snow bank on the Amoskeag Bridge pleading for help. Lorenzo is one of the unknown numbers of homeless people in Manchester that didn't celebrate Christmas in a warm living room surrounded by family, friends and gifts. If you would like to help Lorenzo, you can usually see him sitting at the intersection of Elm Street and the Amoskeag Bridge, or you can contact the Manchester Express. Express Photo: Brett Mallard
My Gear: D200, D80, 50 f/1.4, 28-75 f/2.8, 55-200 f/4-5.6, 18-55 f/3.5-5.6, 70-200 f2.8, (4) White Lightning Ultra 1200's, SB600, (2) Lightspheres, 17" Macbook Pro, 24" Apple Imac, Thinkpad T42, Epson R-260, PSCS2, Adobe Lightroom, Apple Aperture, PS Elements 4

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2007
    Very sad buit strong image
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2007
    You don't depress me... It is the right time to show us that not all of us are in good places on christmas day.
    There are homeless people out, and it does break my heart. I don't believe that they choose for that life as lots say...
    I will contact the paper...

Thank you for sharing here