Santa Baby

carmel6942carmel6942 Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
edited December 26, 2007 in People
My niece came to visit today. Isn't she beautiful?

235682133-M.jpg

I hope everybody is has a great holiday.
Carl

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited December 25, 2007
    yes she is-

merry C to you-
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2007
    Forgive me if i am offering advice you didn't ask for. I tried a couple similar to this myself and found the levels command to really make it pop off the page.

235690410-M.jpg
  • carmel6942carmel6942 Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2007
    joshhuntnm wrote:
    Forgive me if i am offering advice you didn't ask for. I tried a couple similar to this myself and found the levels command to really make it pop off the page.

Thank you, advice is always appreciated. Still real new to using photoshop and just starting to figure out what all the different adjustment layers really do.
    Carl
  • carmel6942carmel6942 Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2007
    Here is another try using your suggestion.

235762950-M.jpg

does the color of her skin look all right?
    Not only do I have to learn better photography skills but I have to learn how to edit the files to. :D
    Carl
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2007
    One of the effects of levels--moving the left and right slider in-- is that it seems to boost the saturation. I should have pulled it down a tad. Other than that, the color looks fine to me. A flash will create a bit of a harsh shadow but the color is nearly always right. I use elements most of the time (I have both) and really like the "adjust color to skin tone" feature. I don't think it exists in CS2, but anyway, the color looks right in the case.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2007
    Ahaha very cute
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • kp-pixkp-pix Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2007
    Cheeky and cute! Love the baby giggle!
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2007
    carmel6942 wrote:
    Thank you, advice is always appreciated. Still real new to using photoshop and just starting to figure out what all the different adjustment layers really do.

Carl,

If you haven't already, feel free to take a peek through the Dgrin tutes and see if anything answers your questions. Also, if there's something you want or expect to see and don't, please let us know. thumb.gif

That is a very darling image and such a happy kid!