Options

problem w lightroom not responding

wheresdavidwheresdavid Registered Users Posts: 297 Major grins
edited December 25, 2007 in Digital Darkroom
"all of a sudden" when i click on the lightroom icon on my desktop it either does nothing or it eventually opens but does not respond. sometimes i am able to get it to open and then i am not able to open a photo. this problem started about a day ago after i downloaded an update for lightoom 1.3.

in addition to lightroom i tried to burn a dvd using nero express and it wasn't responding. today i had to try to "start" my computer several times before i could get windows to open up. this problem probably is not related to lightroom. i am currently in vietnam, i dont speak vietamese and am a little "nervous" about bringing my laptop to a computer tech. read - i dont want to loose all my photos.

this may be a windows related issue. i didn't download (i dont think i did and my computer isn't set to auto downloads) any windows updates. is there a way to "reset" my windows to lets say a week ago? what would you do if you were in my shoes :dunno??

i am running windows xp professional, 2002, service pack 2. the laptop is a Benq with an intel celeron m CPU 520 1.60 gihz , 2 megs of ram.

i need to access lightroom and work on my photos!!!!!

Merry Christmas,

David
technically challenged