My entry - funny story

kp-pixkp-pix Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
edited January 2, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
My son found this 'really' old mechanical santa thing that I had stashed away in a cupboard. It used to hold a twinkle light as a candle. Well that was broken and at lunch, for some reason, he decided to have it at the table. In that dinner conversation lull, we all just stared at this thing clunking and moaning through age, and the jokes started flying about how 'creepy' this thing was.

So many little ones have santa phobia lol and it was fun watching my teens and tween recreating some of their 'thoughts' with this old machine.

Some images were too creepy, in case other little ones see, so I won't share - but the one I was thinking about entering was horrid :rofl:wink

Actually, I am going to step backwards and go back to enjoying this competition as a spectator. I hope that nobody, operators or peers take offense to this decision as there is really nothing negative behind it, simply an appreciation that production is just not meeting the standard.

Not saying my photography is bad at all (or fantasmo). If it was, I would not have clients but as I mentioned in another thread, the slow design, perfect technical, one week to create an idea, stock style - isn't something I do well, if at all really.

Sooooooooooo, good luck everyone and I shall enjoy your ideas and efforts from the peanut gallery!!!!!

Comments

• HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2007
    Well, sitting here watching "Elf" after a huge Christmas meal makes me want to spectate for the next two weeks, but I'll wake up to morrow to labor over whatever ideas might come my way!
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • kp-pixkp-pix Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2007
    You could be right Hoofclix. After the eating has settled and the cellulite still lingers *sighs* no idea why it does that

ideas are sort of springing and I have the man home for a few days rolleyes1.gifmight coax him into some pose of dissaray - or not headscratch.gif no idea :D

I still won't qualify but as usual, this thing lingers in your head as inspiration lol even if you come up with crap, you stillllllllll take images for this thing *shakes this thing*
  • kp-pixkp-pix Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited January 2, 2008
    I'm out. For good.

Good luck and take care all!