Photoshop Question--reflection In Glasses

scottphotographyscottphotography Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
edited January 1, 2008 in Finishing School
Can anyone tell me how to remove reflections in glasses from a picture in photoshop cs3:scratch
Scott

Comments

• SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2007
    Can you post your example? There are a few ways to do this but examples would help ppl from not investing so much time ind finding out it was something else.
  • scottphotographyscottphotography Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited December 25, 2007
    My files is too large. How do i make it smaller?
    Scott
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2007
    My files is too large. How do i make it smaller?

You can either resize the image with Image/Resize (in CS3) before attaching here or (even better), upload the original to your web-site and then post the link here.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
    edited December 25, 2007
    Can anyone tell me how to remove reflections in glasses from a picture in photoshop cs3headscratch.gif

Reflections from glasses generally have to be removed by using the clone tool and cloning adjacent material over the reflection. To give you more specific advice or an example of what can be done, we would need to see your image (preferably a high res version) as already mentioned.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    edited December 25, 2007
    jfriend wrote:
    You can either resize the image with Image/Resize (in CS3) before attaching here or (even better), upload the original to your web-site and then post the link here.

the link is http://scottphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/3959929
    Scott
    edited December 25, 2007
    jfriend wrote:
    Reflections from glasses generally have to be removed by using the clone tool and cloning adjacent material over the reflection. To give you more specific advice or an example of what can be done, we would need to see your image (preferably a high res version) as already mentioned.

This picture was emailed to me for retoutching. Thanks for the help. I used the cloning tool, but i couldn't get all the reflections out.
    Scott
    edited December 25, 2007

Do you have a higher resolution version? This one is only 400x600, kind of hard to work on detail at that low a resolution.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    edited December 25, 2007
    jfriend wrote:
    Do you have a higher resolution version? This one is only 400x600, kind of hard to work on detail at that low a resolution.

Ive attached the file.
    Scott
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 25, 2007
    Ive attached the file.
    Scott - we need the original file to help you. We can't help you with some tiny attached file :)

Upload the original size file to your SmugMug account, and link us to it here in this thread. Then we can help you.
    edited December 26, 2007
    Help W/reflection In Glasses
    Andy wrote:
    Scott - we need the original file to help you. We can't help you with some tiny attached file :)

Upload the original size file to your SmugMug account, and link us to it here in this thread. Then we can help you.

Here is the link. http://scottphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/4025824#236103021
    Scott
    edited December 26, 2007

That gallery is password protected.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    edited December 26, 2007
    jfriend wrote:
    That gallery is password protected.

Password is orchestra
    Scott
    edited December 27, 2007
    Reflection In Glasses. Photoshop Help
    Hello again,
    I need help removing the glare in the womans glasses in the picture here http://scottphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/4025824#236103021

The password is orchestra
    Scott
  • ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    Clone and Healing Brush tools and a half an hour
    I just did a portrait shoot and while I turned my subject to the side to avoid glare, I still got some because of the shape of her glasses. Since it was for a brochure, I had to PS it out. It takes a lot of patience. I used the clone tool and the healing brush tools.

Next time I shoot, I will take images of the person in the same pose - with the glasses off so that I can cut and paste the eyes from the no glasses image over the lenses.
    Hello again,
    I need help removing the glare in the womans glasses in the picture here http://scottphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/4025824#236103021

The password is orchestra
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
    edited December 27, 2007
    Scott, as we've (those who would help you) have asked a few times before on this very same subject, we need the original file in order to help you. But you are blocking that.
    edited December 27, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Scott, as we've (those who would help you) have asked a few times before on this very same subject, we need the original file in order to help you. But you are blocking that.

I thought if I post the link the picture you see is the original? The original was emailed to me. I didn't take the picture. Does that have something to do w/it? I uploaded the picture you see on the site from the email. Any suggestions would help.
    Scott
    edited December 27, 2007
    I thought if I post the link the picture you see is the original? The original was emailed to me. I didn't take the picture. Does that have something to do w/it? I uploaded the picture you see on the site from the email. Any suggestions would help.
    We need the Original File. Not an 800px resized copy. Either enable originals in that gallery, or put the original in a new gallery so that those who can help you, can help you.

If you don't have the original (large file, like 3000x2000 px) then we can't help yet. Silly to do an extensive edit on an 800px display copy, right?

Why are we retouching a photo that isn't yours? I'm not quite understanding this....
    edited December 27, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    We need the Original File. Not an 800px resized copy. Either enable originals in that gallery, or put the original in a new gallery so that those who can help you, can help you.

If you don't have the original (large file, like 3000x2000 px) then we can't help yet. Silly to do an extensive edit on an 800px display copy, right?

Why are we retouching a photo that isn't yours? I'm not quite understanding this....

My wife gave me this picture of her grandmother that was taken by my father-in-law and they asked me if I could remove the glare. I'll make the original avail in the gallery.
    thumb.gif
    Scott
    edited December 28, 2007
    My wife gave me this picture of her grandmother that was taken by my father-in-law and they asked me if I could remove the glare. I'll make the original avail in the gallery.
    thumb.gif
    http://scottphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/4025824#236103021

Yet you still have right-click enabled, so nobody can get this photo.

Sure seems like you don't want folks to help lol3.gif
    edited December 28, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    http://scottphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/4025824#236103021

Yet you still have right-click enabled, so nobody can get this photo.

Sure seems like you don't want folks to help lol3.gif
    \

Andy,
    I didn't know about the right click protect, the original size etc, etc...yet your past few replies seem rude to assume that I already knew all of this and that I don't want help. I wouldn't have posted if I didn't need help. Thanks anyway.
    Scott
    edited December 29, 2007
    \

Andy,
    I didn't know about the right click protect, the original size etc, etc...yet your past few replies seem rude to assume that I already knew all of this and that I don't want help. I wouldn't have posted if I didn't need help. Thanks anyway.
    Scott, ouch, I'm sorry you feel I'm rude! I (and the others here) just want to help. Your first post of this pic was a tiny one - we said bigger in order to help. Then you posted a tiny bit bigger. We said original. Then you posted an original but you've left right-click protection on... how are people supposed to help you if they can't get the orginal file? Turn off right click protection, Scott..... OR better yet, follow the advice I gave above, which was to put the photo in a NEW GALLERY that was just for this project.
  • SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2007
    \

Andy,
    Hey Scott,
    Andy is about the easiest person to get along w/ in these forums. Sometimes text comes across differently than it is intended.

Below is a screen cap for how to release right click protection from an image. Just select the "no" radio button and then scroll down to the bottom and select "save". Where is this page at? Just go to the "outside" of your gallery while your logged in and select the bar that says "customize" under the gallery thumbnail.

The forums here are very friendly and I can assure you that anything posted in here is not intended as rude.

Now let's get your image sorted out and make those reflections go away!
    edited January 1, 2008
    SloYerRoll wrote:
    Hey Scott,
    Andy is about the easiest person to get along w/ in these forums. Sometimes text comes across differently than it is intended.

Below is a screen cap for how to release right click protection from an image. Just select the "no" radio button and then scroll down to the bottom and select "save". Where is this page at? Just go to the "outside" of your gallery while your logged in and select the bar that says "customize" under the gallery thumbnail.

The forums here are very friendly and I can assure you that anything posted in here is not intended as rude.

Now let's get your image sorted out and make those reflections go away!
    Thanks. Yea, I know how to release the right click protect, I just didn't know that I had to in order for others to help me...same w/the original file thats all.

Im all ears w/any other help you (0r others) can give w/the photoshop portion of this issue.
    Scottthumb.gif
    Scott