RAW+JPG, Batch Processing RAW files. HELP!

wes600rrwes600rr Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
edited December 26, 2007 in Finishing School
I have been playing around with RAW for the first time tonight. I should have along time ago but anyway. I took some shots tonight on the RAW + JPG Fine setting. Pulled the files off the camera and all I see is the JPG file.

I use CS2 and can not figure out how to extract the RAW file so I can play with it.

I would shoot in RAW more but I don't know if I can batch process a large number of RAW files into JPG's. (I can take 700+ photos in one day.)

Can 700 RAW files be converted to JPG's easly with CS2? Do I need another program?

If I shoot RAW +JPG and upload mostly JPG files but have the RAW files in back up for use on the Photos that I really want to have a WOW Factor on How do I pull the RAW file out?

Comments

• SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2007
    Want to batch convert?
    Read this.

Usually the jpeg on jpeg + RAW are pretty small. Make sure your image sizes are large enough for your needs.

Ask other questions on workflow if you have any.

Cheers,
    -Jon
  • kwcrowkwcrow Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2007
    Do you have adobe camera raw installed? Photoshop will need this to initially open the file and pre-process it, before it goes into photoshop. A raw converter that may have come with your camera software is also a solution. I personally use adobe lightroom and convert all of my raw images to adobe's dng format to save about 1/3 of the space that raw takes up. (this is a lossless format). Anyway, some sort of raw converter is needed, I believe!
  • wes600rrwes600rr Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited December 26, 2007
    I have the camera Raw loaded and have been conerting RAW to JPG with no problems but I have been looking for a faster way so I could shoot in RAW more often.

SloYerRoll, thanks for the link. I missed that in my searching on here. I will be putting that info to work today.

I just looked at my JPG + RAW files from last night and the file is identical to if I just shot JPG. (Shot on RAW + JPG/Large/Fine on a D2H. But I still can't get the RAW data out of them.. Back to searching...