Let there be peace on Earth....

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited December 29, 2007 in People
...and let it begin with me.......

This is my newest nephew- sleeping through the chaos of Christmas morning.

236163766-XL.jpg

Comments

• bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2007
    I like it - the frame is full and I of course love the subject matter as well. I think that for photos like this one where there would not be much range in color anyway - black and white works very well.

Thanks for posting this and for keeping Christmas in a little bit of perspective.
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    bauerman wrote:
    I like it - the frame is full and I of course love the subject matter as well. I think that for photos like this one where there would not be much range in color anyway - black and white works very well.

Thanks for posting this and for keeping Christmas in a little bit of perspective.

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I prefer to fill the frame when photographing infants, and couldn't help myself with that totally relaxed/slack-faced cheeks. The mouth hanging over the chin REALLY shows how "at peace" he was. I also prefer monotones for infants. It is rare that I can get really smooth and pleasing skin tones in color. Also, the print on his clothing and bedding were of competing colors so.....monotone.

Thanks again for looking.
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    Great texture and feel on this one. The deep relaxed folds are just so sweet! I can't say I'm a huge fan of shooting up the nose, but it's not terribly bothersome here. I like the monotone treatment and the way it fills the frame. Some folks seem to really want that whole head and body in the shot but it isn't nearly as impactful, as you've illustrated! Lovely shot Jeff.
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
    edited December 27, 2007
    urbanaries wrote:
    Great texture and feel on this one. The deep relaxed folds are just so sweet! I can't say I'm a huge fan of shooting up the nose, but it's not terribly bothersome here. I like the monotone treatment and the way it fills the frame. Some folks seem to really want that whole head and body in the shot but it isn't nearly as impactful, as you've illustrated! Lovely shot Jeff.

Thank you Lynne.

Poor fellow hasn't been feeling so well lately, but I plan to do a full shoot of him very soon. I agree with the nose, but my angles in this instance were limited, and I was't about to move him. He is actually sitting in one of those magic swings. You know the ones. You put the kid in and he magically goes to sleep. The thing stops swinging and the kid magically wakes up. Anyway, I poked the camera in and fired off a few. Then he leaned his head over and that lip started to fall over his chin........magic!!

Thanks for the C&C.
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2007
  • photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2007
    I want him... call me. My sons can't be bothered with kids, so I will never have grand children. I could adopt one... This one looks pretty neat. ;o)))
    edited December 28, 2007
    DavidS wrote:
    Beautiful photo. Precious.

Sure.....til he is wet or hungry!!!

Thanks David.
    edited December 28, 2007
    photocat wrote:
    I want him... call me. My sons can't be bothered with kids, so I will never have grand children. I could adopt one... This one looks pretty neat. ;o)))

You better read what I said to David!!!

Thanks for looking....and the comment!!
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2007
    Awww, i love this shot. I love the processing from color, baby is so peaceful. Beautiful clap.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited December 29, 2007
    nice and neat, uncle jeff-
  • JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2007
    How lucky that he got to sleep through Christmas morning...I would have rather been doing that than working. :D He's precious...great photo. clap.gif
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
    edited December 29, 2007
    ShepsMom wrote:
    Awww, i love this shot. I love the processing from color, baby is so peaceful. Beautiful clap.gif

Thanks Marina. I am a sucker for monotones myself.
    edited December 29, 2007
    gefillmore wrote:
    nice and neat, uncle jeff-

Hey George,

Thanks for looking!!!-
    edited December 29, 2007
    JenW wrote:
    How lucky that he got to sleep through Christmas morning...I would have rather been doing that than working. :D He's precious...great photo. clap.gif

I hear ya.....I injured my back Christmas eve and haven't gotten much sleep since. Mostly lying awake on an ice pack....or heating pad. I really envy that deep restful coma like state that he looks to be in.

Thanks for looking!!