TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2007
    bling! congrats!, im assuming your getting married?thumb.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2007
    bling! congrats!, im assuming your getting married?thumb.gif

We have been married 22 years, but she prefers silver colored jewelry these days.

Go figure....ne_nau.gif

Either way, she deserves it.mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2007
    i think i will use that one, sweety, i prefer a red truck instead of this blue one:D

and yes, any wife married to guys like us deserve it! (i dont know what i mean as "guys like us" other than we or some are a pain)
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2007
    i think i will use that one, sweety, i prefer a red truck instead of this blue one:D

She didn't ask for it.........I just took note of everything else she wears.

Maybe if you are good this year she will just bring you home a red one!!!....just because she knows the blue truck doesn't match your favorite...... ballcap?ne_nau.gif

I just really got a kick after seeing her expressions change in the sequence of photographs.

I agree with the"guys like us".......I also see a new camera body and a few "L" lenses when I look at that finger!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2007
    two years ago, i did something very similar, (i had more diamonds added)
    so i know what you mean when you get something without being asked :D
    its great to have good reactions
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2007
    jeffreaux2 wrote:

I agree with the"guys like us".......I also see a new camera body and a few "L" lenses when I look at that finger!!!!

beer.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2007
    AWESOME series and I love the retro film processing and 'framing'. It's so great to see a man still so in love with his wife after 22 years. iloveyou.gif

The ring's not in it, but I think #8 (bottom row, center) is my fave of the series, I just love her exuberant, unselfconscious expression.
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2007
    Thank you Lynne. 8 and 9 were actually very much alike with the exception of focal point and of course cropping. Due to indoor lighting, and not really wanting to do a flash blasting of the moment, I chose a realatively shallow DOF, so I either had face or ring in focus. In the montage, I decided to keep what was in focus in each of the two.

...And I am with you on #8. It is a beautiful photo of her relishing in happiness. I LOVE that shot!!!

It was a good day...
  • Options
    urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2007
    i just need to add that your wife is STUNNING even in sweatshirt/no makeup, and your photos depict her as a warm, funny, charming lady. If she truly is, then you've portrayed her personality quite well!
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Options
    edited December 26, 2007
    urbanaries wrote:
    i just need to add that your wife is STUNNING even in sweatshirt/no makeup, and your photos depict her as a warm, funny, charming lady. If she truly is, then you've portrayed her personality quite well!

WEll Thank you.

Actually, she leads no charmed life. However, now and then....between loads of laundry, seeing to our kid's needs, and of course tiptoeing through the day to day catastrophies of life......we enjoy a moment like this. I can assure you that smile was worth every single cent, but I bet she would have had the same expression had it been something much simpler. She is that kind of gal.
  • Options
    ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2007
    Sweet
    That was a lovely series - I agree with Lynne about that lower center image. Very sweet. Guys get big points for stuff like that.

I am willing to be there are a few girls around here that would be happy to open a box with some glass trimmed in a red ring....just a thought. I'd be happy with a red ring, platnium, gold or diamonds iloveyou.gif
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • Options
    DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    A wonderful series and a wonderful thing you did.
  • Options
    leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    Very cool of you! I like the series, and also think 8,9, and 10 would make a very nice triptych for the wall.
    Growing with Dgrin

• Options
    edited December 27, 2007
    ChatKat wrote:
    That was a lovely series - I agree with Lynne about that lower center image. Very sweet. Guys get big points for stuff like that.

I am willing to be there are a few girls around here that would be happy to open a box with some glass trimmed in a red ring....just a thought. I'd be happy with a red ring, platnium, gold or diamonds iloveyou.gif

Errrr there are some guys here who would like the glass and red ring too!!!thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2007
    DavidS wrote:
    A wonderful series and a wonderful thing you did.

Thanks David........now what are you doing commenting here when you could have been getting you best of 2007 together for that other thread?

:D
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2007
    leaforte wrote:
    Very cool of you! I like the series, and also think 8,9, and 10 would make a very nice triptych for the wall.

Thanks for looking, and commenting. Ditto on 8,9,10.
  • Options
    photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    The last 3 shots of this series really work well for me. The others are a bit... hmmm
    The last 3 would fit on any wedding page. Even with her sweatshirt!
    I LOVE the triptych... (Forget diamonds, I prefer Apple macs...)
  • Options
    edited December 27, 2007
    photocat wrote:
    The last 3 shots of this series really work well for me. The others are a bit... hmmm
    The last 3 would fit on any wedding page. Even with her sweatshirt!
    I LOVE the triptych... (Forget diamonds, I prefer Apple macs...)

I agree that the others are......hmmmm.....in composition, however since I am quite partial in this instance every little nuance of her expressions makes it a keeper. Lucky for the boards, I did some heavy culling before putting it together. I was on continuous shutter for what seemed an eternity. I must have had 30 shots of her unwrapping that thing!!!rolleyes1.gif

Anyway, the final 3, and maybe 4 were indeed framed better. Also the flash bouncing off the far wall looks better than from the ceiling. Much better.

Thanks for taking the time not only to look, but to comment.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited December 29, 2007
    I believe I'll make sure my wife does not see this thread-

a beautiful ring for a beautiful lady-
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2007
    I love it! How fun to see the expressions developing. I hope your next 22 years are even better! clap.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    JuliaJulia Registered Users Posts: 157 Major grins
    edited December 30, 2007
    So very sweet!!! I just love it. I love how real, natural and honest it is. Your wife is beautiful... you're lucky to have each other. iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2007
    Elaine wrote:
    I love it! How fun to see the expressions developing. I hope your next 22 years are even better! clap.gif

You are so sweet!!

Big grins

image.php?u=20367&dateline=1199026597

So very sweet!!! I just love it. I love how real, natural and honest it is. Your wife is beautiful... you're lucky to have each other. iloveyou.gif

Thanks for commenting.....and yes we are all lucky to find someone to weather life with!!