A few more misc photos from my Fall camping

kundalinikundalini Registered Users Posts: 100 Big grins
edited December 27, 2007 in Landscapes
A few more photos from my camping this past fall. They're kinda random, but I like them nonetheless.

1. Looking Glass Rock
DSC_3779_edited-1.jpg

2. On the Little River
DSC_4077_edited-1.jpg

3. I call this one Serendipity. I was layed out flat on a big rock and with my arms extended out and below me, the lens (12-24mm Nikkor) set at 12mm and about two inches from the main rock.
DSC_4087_edited-2.jpg

4. Monty was ever my companion on this trip. He's a twelve year old Jack Russel and his age began to show. After the second day, each time I stopped for even a few seconds, he plopped down.
DSC_4156_edited-1.jpg

As always, thanks for looking.
I'll not repeat what others say, so, you can call me Brer.

"... but I'll be sober in the morning." - Winston Chruchill

Comments

• SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2007
    I love #3!

I also like #4 for different reasons.

Sam
  • ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2007
    #4 is the best one. Boy does that dog look happy!

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • kundalinikundalini Registered Users Posts: 100 Big grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    Thanks Sam and Zanotti.

I have my own personal reasons for liking #4, but would love to hear your thoughts expanded.

• SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    kundalini wrote:
    Thanks Sam and Zanotti.

I have my own personal reasons for liking #4, but would love to hear your thoughts expanded.

I always have a hard time articulating what I like or why. That's why I use a camera and not a pen. :D

The image conveys a peaceful respite from hiking on a cool Autumn day, and the image of a faithful companion that is just as happy as the richest person on earth, because he has you.

Sam
  • kundalinikundalini Registered Users Posts: 100 Big grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    Sam wrote:
    I always have a hard time articulating what I like or why. That's why I use a camera and not a pen. :D

The image conveys a peaceful respite from hiking on a cool Autumn day, and the image of a faithful companion that is just as happy as the richest person on earth, because he has you.

Sam

Sam, perhaps you should pick the pen more often or either those thoughts were gathered by osmosis....only mirrored. I truely felt that I was the wealthy one because I have him as my companion.

You made me well up a little. Upon our return home, I took him to my vet because a knot had developed on his rear leg. It had been there, small in size and noticable but all seemed well with him. During this trip it seemed to be bothering him. It's the big "C" and not in a good spot because of the lack of fatty tissue. They cannot guarantee that it can be entirely removed resultant in a possible amputation.

Thanks for the wonderful picture you painted for me.