Firefox loading problem?

cwoodardcwoodard Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
edited December 26, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Anyone else having this problem today?

Starting around 4am this morning I suddenly couldn't load photo thumbnails in my albums on Vista/Firefox and OSX/Firefox. Vista/IE7 works fine. I can click on a category at the top level, and then click on an album, but the thumbnails never load in the album itself. I just get the circular loading icon on the top left of the page.

I've tried clearing cache, cookies, etc. No luck.

http://cwoodard.smugmug.com/

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2007
    You have a link to the page you are trying to load? FF (Mac and XP) is working fine for me here for what it is worth.

Also, 4am what timezone? :D
  • cwoodardcwoodard Registered Users Posts: 124 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2007
    http://woodard.smugmug.com/gallery/4028366#234469271 is an example url, but trying to load any album does the same thing.

4am eastern. Oops.

The only thing I changed in my albums the past 24 hours was adding a few new photos.
  • SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited December 26, 2007
    cwoodard wrote:
    http://woodard.smugmug.com/gallery/4028366#234469271 is an example url, but trying to load any album does the same thing.

4am eastern. Oops.

The only thing I changed in my albums the past 24 hours was adding a few new photos.

Hmm strange, I can load the thumbnails fine in Firefox here.

By the way, I am getting some wrapping of the main photo at 1920x1200 because of your customization + stretchy. You might want to look into that or post on the customization forums for help.

As for the thumbnails, I am willing to bet it has something to do with your customization as well. Do thumbnails load for other galleries that don't have your customization? Like this one?
    SmugMug Product Manager
    edited December 26, 2007
    cwoodard wrote:

4am eastern. Oops.

I have no problems viewing the gallery in either FF mac or win. I don't see anything that would have caused it around 4am eastern tbh.

Have you tried resetting your system? did you try another computer?

I fixed two small errors in your cobranding btw (excess bracket and tag closure). I doubt that they will have had any influence on this though.
    edited December 26, 2007
    Sheaf wrote:
    By the way, I am getting some wrapping of the main photo at 1920x1200 because of your customization + stretchy. You might want to look into that or post on the customization forums for help.
    I'm on a low res screen here, so I can't check, but is that fixed now by any chance? (see above post)
    edited December 26, 2007
    Can't load the thumbnails on that gallery either. Or the linked picture. Works fine in IE7 though. I am going to start disabling Firefox plugins. Just recalled that I did see a couple plugins updated last night.

I get the wrapping issues sometime as well. I searched over on the customization forum and there are a few others who have the problem too, but nobody seems to know how to fix it :( That also only seems to occur in Firefox.

Sheaf wrote:
    Hmm strange, I can load the thumbnails fine in Firefox here.

As for the thumbnails, I am willing to bet it has something to do with your customization as well. Do thumbnails load for other galleries that don't have your customization? Like this one?
    edited December 26, 2007
    Ok I feel silly now :( It was the latest version of the NoScript plugin for Firefox that was the culprit. Disabling that fixed the problem.

Thank you very much for taking the time to look at this!

Thanks Ivar for fixing those errors. I'm still brand new here at smugmug and customization and appreciate the help :)

I still get the wrapping problem sometimes. I have to resize my browser window to fix it when it happens.
    edited December 26, 2007
    Not to worry, I'm glad it is working now thumb.gif

Did you find our 'start here' sticky for customization already? If you have any questions on customization, the customization forum is the place to ask us!
    edited December 26, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    Not to worry, I'm glad it is working now thumb.gif

Did you find our 'start here' sticky for customization already? If you have any questions on customization, the customization forum is the place to ask us!

I've been living in that forum and on those FAQ posts for the past few days :) Very helpful!
    edited December 26, 2007
    cwoodard wrote:
    I've been living in that forum and on those FAQ posts for the past few days :) Very helpful!
    Great to hear :D Still, if you have any questions, shout thumb.gif