Ordering Prints: SmugMug or directly from EZ Prints?

replytokenreplytoken Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited December 27, 2007 in SmugMug Support
A quick question before I assemble a small order for some 11x14 prints. I know that if I order my prints through SmugMug, they offer a satisfaction guarantee if I am not happy (which is a nice service in this day and age). Is there anything else that they offer that would not be available to me if I order directly through EZ Prints? I have not yet uploaded my images to SmugMug so I am not necessarily saving any time. I can go either way so I was wondering the advantages were for each option.

Thanks,

--Ken

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2007
    What other reasons do you need? ne_nau.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • replytokenreplytoken Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited December 27, 2007
    The pricing structure was different between EZ Prints and SmugMug, and I was trying to better understand what was included with the additional cost from SmugMug.
    edited December 27, 2007
    Well, someone from SmugMug could tell you more, but one thing I know is that if you choose auto color SmugMug will optimize your image on their end before sending to EZ, and the results will be better in 99% of cases.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • replytokenreplytoken Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited December 27, 2007
    DavidTO wrote:
    Well, someone from SmugMug could tell you more, but one thing I know is that if you choose auto color SmugMug will optimize your image on their end before sending to EZ, and the results will be better in 99% of cases.

I was not aware that this service was offered by SmugMug, but not by EX Prints. This is good to know.

Thanks,

--Ken
    edited December 27, 2007
    replytoken wrote:
    I was not aware that this service was offered by SmugMug, but not by EX Prints. This is good to know.

Thanks,

--Ken

I don't know if EZ Prints offers a similar service, but I do know that SmugMug has put a lot of thought into optimizing their auto color and that it's them doing it, not EZ.
    Moderator Emeritus