Costa Rican Tree Frogs

ABCapturesABCaptures Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
edited December 29, 2007 in Holy Macro
1.2139595884_c26a40f8d7.jpg
2.2139596224_3c02b025a8.jpg
you can see their color difference here
3.2139596478_7c65e9dd33.jpg
4.2138815907_33dc8a5935.jpg
#1 had jumped onto the wall on the left of his new enclosure and when i opened the door to the tank it created the reflection :)
2138816341_067476a590.jpg
5."im outa here"
2138816493_d21bf80448.jpg

This was the only one taken with just the overhead light of the tank (no in camera flash), ISO speed was 1600...
6.2138816873_6f6b1f2104.jpg

c&c on any of them is welcomed.. Im really trying to improve on my "wild life" photos.. it helps they are in my house ;) I feel having the real plants has helped alot with making the photos look more realistic and wild
Hi, I'm Ashley
*Love every creature*
Gear: Canon Rebel XTi 18-55mm & 75-300mm

Comments

• JetCrocodileJetCrocodile Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2007
    Very nice! I like the first one most of all.
    Forgive my ignorance, is this frog poisonous?headscratch.gif
  • ABCapturesABCaptures Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2007
    no they arent.. supposedly though their skin can cause some irritation if you touch them and rub your eyes but i havnt done it ;) Thank you, they are red eye tree frogs, imported from costa rica
    Hi, I'm Ashley
    *Love every creature*

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    Lovely series - Esp like #1. You are right about the plants- I wouldn't have known they were indoors until I saw the glass shots.
    Brian V.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    ABCaptures wrote:

you can see their color difference here
    #1 had jumped onto the wall on the left of his new enclosure and when i opened the door to the tank it created the reflection :)

5."im outa here"
    This was the only one taken with just the overhead light of the tank (no in camera flash), ISO speed was 1600...

c&c on any of them is welcomed.. Im really trying to improve on my "wild life" photos.. it helps they are in my house ;) I feel having the real plants has helped alot with making the photos look more realistic and wild

I love the first shot too clap.gif what a beautiful pose.
    This one's smiling too rolleyes1.gif all your pets smile do they :D
    They must love it at your place.

What amazing colours these frogs are, their eyes are just stunning!
    and those feet ...... awesome ! .. thanks for sharing .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited December 27, 2007
    thanks Brian.. its much better now that Ihave a front opening tank, before it was only top opening and i had to do all photos through glass.. they are much more sharp now that ive changed them over.

Skippy, thanks hun.. we have pet rats and bearded dragons too.. they all seem to "smile" at times.. they are alot of fun to photograph, much more forgiving than my sons lol
    Hi, I'm Ashley
    *Love every creature*

• photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    I was wondering how those froggies get at your house, I was thinking that you went outside. I take it you have them in a tank in the house now...
    Love the shots, the first one has perfection. Good composition, sharp, colorful, great shot. The other ones are stunning, nice to see the belly colors. These little ones are so beautiful.
    Love the shots, now you need to show us your bearded dragons...
    edited December 27, 2007
    photocat.. you cant find these frogs "outside" .. well maybe if you lived in the countrys that have them in the wild.. these were actually imported from costarica but they also come from other countries too. I had to order them from my reptile supplier. We already have the order out to get two more. I just wanted to make sure I could keep them alive before getting too many of them.

I will get the beardies photos in the works ;)
    Hi, I'm Ashley
    *Love every creature*

• patricia kaypatricia kay Registered Users Posts: 206 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2007
    I love frogs and these are lovely....brilliant shots...thanks for sharing them!

Patricia......:D