Spacer showing but no photo

kris10kris10 Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
edited December 28, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I'm curious as to why sometimes when I'm in one of my galleries I see just a spacer and not the photo. Today I was in my landscape gallery and was going to get the link to post it in a forum but for some reason, the picture won't show up. It's just the black box that the image appears in instead of the photo. Thanks in advance for your assistance. :thumb
* My Mug *

~ * ~ Mothers of teens now know why some animals eat their young ~ * ~

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    kris10 wrote:
    I'm curious as to why sometimes when I'm in one of my galleries I see just a spacer and not the photo. Today I was in my landscape gallery and was going to get the link to post it in a forum but for some reason, the picture won't show up. It's just the black box that the image appears in instead of the photo. Thanks in advance for your assistance. thumb.gif
    Could we have a direct link to it, and also what browser were you using? Clear cache, if you know how - if not, holler and we'll show you thumb.gif
  • kris10kris10 Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Could we have a direct link to it, and also what browser were you using? Clear cache, if you know how - if not, holler and we'll show you thumb.gif

I'm using the latest version of Internet Explorer 7.0. I do not know how to clear my cache. I use to....but forgot. headscratch.gif

Here is the link to the gallery the photo is in but it's happened with other photos in this gallery and others too.

http://www.herrmannphotography.com/gallery/1990224

And here is the actual photo properties.

http://www.herrmannphotography.com/photos/229953305-L-1.jpg
    * My Mug *

• rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    Hi,

Am I understanding correctly that you don't see the photo in the gallery? Do you see the thumbnails in the gallery above where the photo was supposed to be? I see that you set your gallery to filmstrip style.

Does the photo show, when you go to this link?
    http://www.herrmannphotography.com/gallery/1990224/1/229953305/Large

If you can see the photo going to the link, it might be that there's a problem with your Javascript setting.

First of all, try clearing your IE7 cache:
    To clear your cache in Internet Explorer 7, click on "Tools". It's in the top right corner of the browser. Then select "Internet Options". That's going to open a new window with some options. Make sure that the "General" tab is selected. Then click on "Delete..." under the Browsing History section. That will bring up another window. Locate the "Delete Files..." button and click on that.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
    edited December 27, 2007
    Hi,

Am I understanding correctly that you don't see the photo in the gallery? Do you see the thumbnails in the gallery above where the photo was supposed to be? I see that you set your gallery to filmstrip style.

Does the photo show, when you go to this link?
    http://www.herrmannphotography.com/gallery/1990224/1/229953305/Large

If you can see the photo going to the link, it might be that there's a problem with your Javascript setting.

First of all, try clearing your IE7 cache:
    To clear your cache in Internet Explorer 7, click on "Tools". It's in the top right corner of the browser. Then select "Internet Options". That's going to open a new window with some options. Make sure that the "General" tab is selected. Then click on "Delete..." under the Browsing History section. That will bring up another window. Locate the "Delete Files..." button and click on that.

Sebastian

Yes Sebastian. I am able to see the thumbnails in the top of my gallery. This situation only happens sometimes. Usually I just come back later to do whatever I was doing at the time it happens but a lot of the time, I can't just come back. It would be better if it wasn't an issue. I have cleared my cache so we'll see if that helps. I was able to see the image from the link btw. It has happened in other galleries too before.
    * My Mug *

edited December 28, 2007
    I went to my gallery again just a minute ago to do something and the same thing occurs. This time though...it's a different photo. I just took a screen shot to show you because I don't know what else to do. This is getting quite frustrating now as it seems to be happening more often.
    * My Mug *