Acoustic Little Feat Concert Photos

MichaelBorgerMichaelBorger Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited December 27, 2007 in People
Hello everyone. A few weeks ago I sat front center of a private acoustic concert with Paul Barrere and Fred Tackett of Little Feat. Only 75 people in the audience. I had my D70 with me and fired off some photos over the course of the show. No flash was allowed in the venue and most of the stage lights were red, so I did the best I could with the camera and with CS2 afterward. Feedback welcome!

http://www.mikeseyes.com/gallery/4051086

Mike

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2007
    Cool beans!

I saw Little Feat back in the 80's. Unfortunately after Lowell George was gone.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • 1pocket1pocket Registered Users Posts: 299 Major grins
    edited December 26, 2007
    You did pretty well!

I also saw Little Feat, back with Lowell George. Hard to believe the acoustic guitars a quiet (looking anyway) stage are the same guys I saw back in the 70's. When I saw them they were the loudest concert I ever went to!
    My humble gallery...
    www.steveboothphotography.com

Pool/Billiards specific...
    www.poolinaction.com
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    What a treat for you. Dixie Chicken is still one of my all time favorites. I wish I could see them in February in Jamaica...now that would be a show!
    Growing with Dgrin

• george-1george-1 Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    Hello everyone. A few weeks ago I sat front center of a private acoustic concert with Paul Barrere and Fred Tackett of Little Feat. Only 75 people in the audience. I had my D70 with me and fired off some photos over the course of the show. No flash was allowed in the venue and most of the stage lights were red, so I did the best I could with the camera and with CS2 afterward. Feedback welcome!

http://www.mikeseyes.com/gallery/4051086

Mike

Very nice! Now if only we could get rid of the microphones.

I have a lot of friends that play music, when I photograph them it's always a struggle to get the picture without a microphone hiding half their face.
  • MichaelBorgerMichaelBorger Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited December 27, 2007
    george-1 wrote:
    Very nice! Now if only we could get rid of the microphones.

I have a lot of friends that play music, when I photograph them it's always a struggle to get the picture without a microphone hiding half their face.

Thanks - it was such a great show! I was a bit bummed about being on the side of the stage across from the mikes, but it was that or give up my front row seats. I was there for the show first and photos second, so it was an easy call!

Looks like we have a few Feat fans on this board. Even for an acoustic duo show, these guys rocked the room. I hope next time they bring the full band! thumb.gif

By the way, I've only been at it with my camera for about 2.5 years, so any feedback on my site - specific photos, galleries or the site in general - is most welcome and definitely taken constructively.

Thanks,
    Mike
    www.mikeseyes.com